Voice activated email composition - change default account

tyhart44

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use K-9's mail client and have set it up to use a POP3 account (not gmail) for the default account when sending email. This seems to work fine when clicking "compose" in K-9, but I'm a big use of the voice command system and I frequently dictate an email while driving down the road. The problem is that when I use voice commands, it always sends from my gmail account (personal) and not my POP3 account (work). Does anyone know any way to change this, and why is this different than what I have set up in K-9?

Also, I have this POP3 account set up as my default account in the stock email program, although I never use it anymore since I use K-9.

If it helps, I am running stock ROM and not rooted.

Thanks!

un_designer

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem as well. I think that the voice command is tied to the true "default" account in google's eye, the account that's tired to your profile when you first activate the phone and use for backups and purchases.

kburns8011

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got off a conference call with Verizon Customer Service and Motorola Customer Service, since I am having the same problem with Voice Commands using my gmail account to send emails, though the emails sent by hand are going through my pop3 account...all on my new Bionic. They both tell me that there is no way to change this right now. They are hoping for an update to address the issue soon, but have no knowledge of one yet. The Motorola rep suggested that I look for a third party app that may solve the problem for now. He took my email address and said that he would also look around to try to find one and would send me a link if he found something to work for the time being. Hope this info helps...

Reactions: tyhart44

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Get the application default app manager. With that you can set the POP3 account to be the default email so whenever you compose a message it will automatically start composing the message in the account you designated as the default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana