It's been awhile, how's 2.3.5 treating everyone?

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Drastic improvement in my 3g and 4G speeds, phone feels more fluid but I seem to have gps issues

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

iRaNDrOiD

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well lets see, Sprint is sending me an Airave so I don't return my 3rd Nexus S, the firmware was designed to axe the free hotspot and nothing else, this phone has bad radio and those not having issues are just lucky to live by a cell tower. The end.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The update had made a world of difference for me. I'm getting bars in areas that I didn't before. I can't say enough about how much i'm loving this phone. Everything is sweet.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
My bars got slightly better in some areas, but the signal bounces in and out now unlike before the update. All I wanted from the update was better wifi, but that hasn't seemed to happen

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Totally fixed my wifi issue but I get slightly slower 4G speeds. After the update I have nothing bad I can say about this phone!

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not much of a change in signal strength, but I think that's more of a coverage issue.
I'm having issues with my wifi.
Seems like every time I start my wifi connection it hangs and I have to toggle airplane mode or completely restart.

And the amount of memory I'm using under "Running" seems to load up quite a bit.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well lets see, Sprint is sending me an Airave so I don't return my 3rd Nexus S, the firmware was designed to axe the free hotspot and nothing else, this phone has bad radio and those not having issues are just lucky to live by a cell tower. The end.

I guess so. Thanks for letting me know what was really going on. There must be a lot of 4G towers in the Boson area. Just today I was driving into work and a had to swerve to avoid hitting one.

macky

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
this phone has bad radio and those not having issues are just lucky to live by a cell tower. The end.
i agree totally. this thing flies if you are in an area with good coverage or outdoors. but the minute you go in a building it sucks. its must have a very weak antenna or something. my 3g speeds are down after the "update" too. im on my 2nd nexus and it stinks that im just learning to live with it until my next upgrade

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After 2.3.5 I have noticed small but measurable improvements in 3G data speed. I have no problems with wifi connections since the update - to be fair,I had very little issues before. 4G is not currently available on my area so I can't really test it.

There was supposed to be some improvement on the speaker/ringtone "quality", I have noticed none on my unit. The rest is essentially unchanged, which is actually a good thing - nothing broken by the update.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be getting better signal strength on 3G and 4G, but I still get dropped calls several times a day, even sitting right beside my Airave. I'm really kind of depressed about it, as this is my second NS4G, and I'm way past my 30 days.

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been good since I got it with slight improvement since the update. Interestingly, my daughter got one a couple of weeks ago and even with the update, she is dropping calls and had has poor wifi even when she is close to a wireless router. I think there are hardware problems with some of these devices.

Wolfsv

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have nothing to compare it against. My phone upgraded the day I bought it. It does seem that the number of 3g bars I get is consistently low. In addition, when I'm not on Wifi or 4g the internet speed is awful. My pre internet seemed much snappier.

Is anyone else seeing similar results?

I will say, however, my voice calls seem crystal clear, even when I have low signal strength.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have nothing to compare it against. My phone upgraded the day I bought it. It does seem that the number of 3g bars I get is consistently low. In addition, when I'm not on Wifi or 4g the internet speed is awful. My pre internet seemed much snappier.

Is anyone else seeing similar results?

I will say, however, my voice calls seem crystal clear, even when I have low signal strength.

First time with Sprint for me but I did have the Evo 3D before I got the NS4G. This phone gets a better signal than the Evo but the Evo may have been better with Wifi. Before Sprint I had At&T and I got horrible service in and around my house. With Sprint I haven't dropped a call and wimax has great coverage and speed in the Boston area. I'm 6 miles outside of downtown Boston and I can pull 5 mbson wimax in my house.

Honestly if you got better coverage with a different phone on the same network and you notice a real world difference take it back and get a different phone. Especially if you usually keep your phones through the whole contract. I hear the Photon gets great reception.

alpinejag

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My signal has been worse. I don't get 3G or 4G in places I used to get it. Wifi seems to be about the same, still the weakest device I have ever owned though. My speeds when connected are better however.

Nahte27

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. I did manage to get a 4G signal for the first time when I was downtown after the update (4G is very weak here, so that's actually quite an accomplishment). Other than 4G now getting better reception, I haven't noticed much of a difference.

wulfhere

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed improved 4G and WiFi speeds. Unfortunately, the WiFi signal reception is unchanged. I often use WiFi with my phone sitting on my kitchen table. Prior to the update, this was right on the edge of my home WiFi. After the update, it is still right on the edge.

The 1x indicator must have been removed, mine always says 3G. Every week, I drive through WV where I used to be on 1x for extended periods and I knew exactly where those were. Now, it just says 3G anytime I have service. The speeds are still the same 1x though. I don't like this change, I used to be able to tell when the Sprint data network was overloaded in my area as I would get bumped down to 1x, now it just decreases my speed without indication.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I really haven't seen that much of an improvement but recently i find that if i just leave 4G turned on i get better signal where i was getting horrible reception so it has its benefits but sprint has got to improve on their national wide coverage overall