Right size?

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the Pixel 7 at one point but early on, the fingerprint scanner and battery life made me return it.

Just pre-ordered the S23 Ultra and lots to love. But it's just feels too big.

Has the 7's issues that I've mentioned gotten better?

I did love the 7's size.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Battery life usually takes a week or more to adjust to your usage and settings... Fingerprint sensor has worked fine for me from day 1..you may have got a lemon but I'm sure other users will chip in with their thoughts...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's tough when you're torn between two different phones that you like! I've heard good things about the fingerprint sensor on the Pixel 7, and I do agree about the size compared to the S23 Ultra. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I learned to register multiple fingerprints.

Even then it was never really an issue. Same goes for battery life.

I can't remember the last time I payed attention to OST.

As for size I wished companies would dial it back down. I love my iPhone 13 mini. It's a PITA carrying multiple phablets, I had to buy a fanny pack.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I've had my 7 for 3 months and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I was already with Google Fi and picked it up for 399.00 bucks. However the FR scanner and battery life are "OK" IMHO. AS we all know people's experiences will vary based upon their settings and usage etc. I've actually had to work harder on the battery life then my previous 3 pixel phones and I can say it's Ok.....not great, but not horrible either. I'm a moderate user and at the end of the day I may have a couple of hours of SOT and have plenty of juice left. The real test will be in a couple of months when I'm traveling and I'll be using it pretty heavily along with having to crank up my display brightness. If I can get through the day I'll be thrilled but taking a small portable charger with me.

In regard to the FR I have had some issues and have had to work at getting it to consistently work adequately. Like the previous poster I have played around with registering and deleting fingerprints. I'm old and my skin is very dry in the winter, and when I do have an issue this I think this is the biggest part of the problem. I did not have this issue at all on my previous Pixels with the rear sensor which was flawless. I will say however that with the Face Unlock, which by the way works great, has made this less of an issue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 7 for 3 months and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I was already with Google Fi and picked it up for 399.00 bucks. However the FR scanner and battery life are "OK" IMHO. AS we all know people's experiences will vary based upon their settings and usage etc. I've actually had to work harder on the battery life then my previous 3 pixel phones and I can say it's Ok.....not great, but not horrible either. I'm a moderate user and at the end of the day I may have a couple of hours of SOT and have plenty of juice left. The real test will be in a couple of months when I'm traveling and I'll be using it pretty heavily along with having to crank up my display brightness. If I can get through the day I'll be thrilled but taking a small portable charger with me.

In regard to the FR I have had some issues and have had to work at getting it to consistently work adequately. Like the previous poster I have played around with registering and deleting fingerprints. I'm old and my skin is very dry in the winter, and when I do have an issue this I think this is the biggest part of the problem. I did not have this issue at all on my previous Pixels with the rear sensor which was flawless. I will say however that with the Face Unlock, which by the way works great, has made this less of an issue.

Glad that Face Unlock is working really well for you. I can relate with the Winter and dry hands syndrome!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I used an iPhone 11 pro for 2 years and got used to the size. Came back to Android and got the 7 pro. It was huge for the first week or so and now I'm used to it. It is a larger phone so don't expect it to be small in any aspect. Just give yourself some time to adjust to the size. I enjoy the display size.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the Pixel 7 at one point but early on, the fingerprint scanner and battery life made me return it.

Just pre-ordered the S23 Ultra and lots to love. But it's just feels too big.

Has the 7's issues that I've mentioned gotten better?

I did love the 7's size.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app
Try the s23 plus perfect size IMHO.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my third 7...

Not because of returning but I'm an addict.

I have two Pros and am using my new 7 right now and the size is perfect!

Lemongrass is amazing, wished I could've gotten my Pros in this colour.

Anyway, it's so much easier and more comfortable to use compared to the Pro. I also wished companies would DROP THESE CURVE DISPLAYS.

No issues on my three Pixels. *knock-on-wood

Sent from my Pixel 7 using AC Forums mobile app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my third 7...

Anyway, it's so much easier and more comfortable to use compared to the Pro. I also wished companies would DROP THESE CURVE DISPLAYS.

Do you have one for work and one for play?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my third 7...

I love my lemongrass Pixel 7, too! The colour is astounding, even while using a clear case. I too find the size to be perfect. My husband has the Pixel 7 Pro and it's too big for me. Hope you are enjoying your Pixel 7 line up!