Nexus S & Sprint's LTE Announcement

bselle

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Buy a used or new-in-box Nexus S off of eBay or Craigslist and keep your current contract and upgrade date, that's what I just did. I never used the keybord on my Epic 4G, so I decided to buy a Nexus S off of eBay. If I ever get around to listing the Epic, the whole thing should cost me maybe $50 at most.

Activated the Nexus on my account, and now when my contract is up (signed a new 2-yr on Epic launch date 8/31/10) I can either upgrade then if LTE is available or go month-to-month while waiting. I pull down 11-12Mbps on WiMax while sitting in my living room, so I'm happy to stick with WiMax until I'm either forced to switch to LTE, or there's a killer device that I MUST have at the time.

I was having enough problems with my Epic 4G that Sprint agreed to swap it for a Nexus S as I told them I would prefer not to continue enduring Epic failures. No contract renewal, just a return.

Reactions: FitChicago

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I was having enough problems with my Epic 4G that Sprint agreed to swap it for a Nexus S as I told them I would prefer not to continue enduring Epic failures. No contract renewal, just a return.

So bselle, you'd recommend the Nexus over the Epic Touch 4G or the original Evo 4G?

bselle

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely! I had the Epic 4G. Never used the Evo 4G. I had force closes, terrible inconsistency with by Bluetooth/Ford Sync connection, and my battery drained every day within 5 hours with light usage. I was swapping batteries or charging by lunch each day. Just too many problems to want to deal with.

Reactions: FitChicago

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Definitely! I had the Epic 4G. Never used the Evo 4G. I had force closes, terrible inconsistency with by Bluetooth/Ford Sync connection, and my battery drained every day within 5 hours with light usage. I was swapping batteries or charging by lunch each day. Just too many problems to want to deal with.

WOW! That sounds like a nightmare. In reading the Epic Touch 4G boards I've noticed a plethora of issues (not just minor issues) with the device. I wonder how many Epic owners are or will just have to deal with a quirky device now that Sprint no longer offers the 30 day return policy...

So no issues with the Nexus bselle?

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm off contract now so upgrade schedule isn't an issue for me, but I'm going to plug away with my current device and wait patiently to see how LTE pans out. We don't have WiMax here so I'm not anxious about losing it.

Nobody will get a free or subsidized LTE phone because they're still 3G capable. Killing WiMax doesn't kill the device.

bselle

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
WOW! That sounds like a nightmare. In reading the Epic Touch 4G boards I've noticed a plethora of issues (not just minor issues) with the device. I wonder how many Epic owners are or will just have to deal with a quirky device now that Sprint no longer offers the 30 day return policy...

So no issues with the Nexus bselle?

It doesn't come with all of the bells and whistles of the Epic, but I have had no problems to this point. Battery lasts all day, Ford Sync works flawlessly, hasn't locked up or force closed once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87