Uninstalled Easy Battery Saver & Can't Connect to Network?

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this is limited to the Sprint Nexus S 4G or other droid devices are experiencing this. I downloaded the Easy Battery Saver app, which saved so much battery and I set it to "Intelligent Mode". This worked well for about 48 hours, but my data service would go in & out (The bars would be highlighted in white and not green...I was able to receive and make calls & texts, but every time I tried to go to a website, Facebook mobile app, twitter, etc...my phone acted as if I had no data connection).

I tried to change the app settings from Intelligent Mode to Normal mode and that did not fix the data going off & on. I then tried to uninstall the app and the data was completely off (signal bars never turned green). The only way I was able to turn on my data again is by reinstalling the app.

Any suggestions on how to either ensure data is on full time with the Easy Battery Saver or after I uninstall it?

I have already tried leaving my phone off for 10 minutes and turning it back on, and update my profile and PRL.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You complete stock, unrooted?

If you can't seem to find the culprit and can't get any help from the developer of that application then you may find yourself doing a factory reset to try and undo whatever that app did to your data connection.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the reasons most forums and phone companies recommend that you don't install task killers and battery savers on your phone. They rarely help and often do more harm than good. I have tried them all and have found none that made any difference. Most made the battery life worse.

As for your issue, I would suggest what Paul stated, try a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

asamudra

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue with Samsung Droid charge. Tried everything like copying APNs from friends phone, using APN manager, re installing Easy battery. Nothing worked. Heres what worked

1) Install app called "any cut" on wifi, it allows you to create any shortcut.
2) In the app go to new shortcut > activities> APNs
3) Create shortcut to access APNs (I guess default APN manager) and restore settings. Voila!

Note: If your settings don't come back check is they are enabled. If any of the APN entries in APNs says "disabled" in title then the APN file needs to be changed. Follow these steps
1) Install app called "APN manager"
2) Backup current settings into a file on SD card.
3) Copy file to PC and open it with text editor.
4) Remove all instances of "disabled" from the file.
5) Remove all fields in XML except "carrier,mcc, mnc, apn=, server, mmsc". Save the file.
6) Copy the file back to SD card and restore the APN via APN manager.
7) Check if data is back. If not Go to previous method.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reasons most forums and phone companies recommend that you don't install task killers and battery savers on your phone. They rarely help and often do more harm than good. I have tried them all and have found none that made any difference. Most made the battery life worse.

As for your issue, I would suggest what Paul stated, try a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

See I tried them all and by far Juicedefender works amazing. In a 12 hour time frame from when I take it off the charger to when I get home from work (with constantly using the phone) I go from 95% to 40% at the least. Only uses like 55% in a 12 hour period. That is fn amazing. So I can only speak for myself. I will always use Juicedefender.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I also had this issue, once you install it it's fine but after you uninstall it, it messes up the system. I had to do a factory reset to get everything in working order but try the suggestions listen above. If anything best to install the application again, switch to normal mode and disable everything that it changes. Then clear out all the data it left on the phone.

smiley84

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
i love this program it has greatly increased my battery life on my modded ascend. just thought i would post and say that re-installing the program and going into settings and restore network settings would more than likely fix the problem then uninstall the program. good luck to you.

Peppercorn1991

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using asn older android galaxy memorize 1500 w/234 running @ 3g.
Open easy battery app~>optimization~> super saver~> configure apps (button in upper right corner).
This page lists every preinstall and user installed app on your device. One of these controls your access.
When they're checked, access is allowed. Check them all.
Use the devices return button to back thru the menus until the minimize screen. Minimize the app.
I then regained data flow.