4.0.4 on Feb 16th

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I feel for you guys. Hopefully soon. I couldn't wait anymore so I rooted last month and flaahed the bugless beast Rom by Peter Alfonso. Never going back.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/9sXZB.png

Someone on the Android Police article claims to work for Sprint and posted this, saying this is what showed up when he signed in into the internal site.

He claims that Sprint is still on track to do it...despite the day almost being over.

Yeah...I doubt this is coming, honestly.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here in MI (i know location is not the deciding factor)

If they manage to get the OTA out it will be HI time zone

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/9sXZB.png

Someone on the Android Police article claims to work for Sprint and posted this, saying this is what showed up when he signed in into the internal site.

He claims that Sprint is still on track to do it...despite the day almost being over.

Yeah...I doubt this is coming, honestly.

LOL

It happens every time. A Sprint ( or Google or Samsung) source is quoted with exact date and screenshots, and almost every time it is wrong. Obviously, the OTA will drop at some point, but it is just pure guessing. For example, I predict that the OTA will be released 2/17 at 10:02.

Think about it. You are a mid-to-high level manager with Sprint making OK money with benefits. Are you going to risk your job by leaking confidential info to your buddy, or better yet, to an Internet site?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
LOL

It happens every time. A Sprint ( or Google or Samsung) source is quoted with exact date and screenshots, and almost every time it is wrong. Obviously, the OTA will drop at some point, but it is just pure guessing. For example, I predict that the OTA will be released 2/17 at 10:02.

Think about it. You are a mid-to-high level manager with Sprint making OK money with benefits. Are you going to risk your job by leaking confidential info to your buddy, or better yet, to an Internet site?

Agreed. I also think AP dropped the ball with this as well. They went with that lone source and, in turn, caused a ton of other sites to follow suit. It makes AP lose credibility, in my opinion.

They made a lot of people excited and wait for nothing by running this, claiming it WILL happen instead of "This MIGHT happen".

fuzzeeman

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
LOL

I predict that the mega lotto numbers tomorrow will be 4,8,15,16,23,42 :p

Reactions: david279

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't wanna say I told you so, but ...

AC is the only website that said "MAY" update. Everyone else followed AP's direction claiming it will, no matter what. I applaud AC (and you Phil, since you posted the news and all :p) for being level-headed in all of this.

The editor of the AP article seems to be in recovery mode and is calling everyone out for saying he was wrong. =/

elisfkc

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I live right by Sprint World Headquarters. I will head to the Sprint Store there tomorrow, since they are usually the most knowledgable Sprint sources. I'll ask them, so this can be settled once and for all.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I live right by Sprint World Headquarters. I will head to the Sprint Store there tomorrow, since they are usually the most knowledgable Sprint sources. I'll ask them, so this can be settled once and for all.

While you're there, ask them if they can give actual ice cream sandwiches to everyone getting the OTA as a "Sorry we took so long" present? :p

...I'm serious. :| (Does anyone know if there's a :| bugdroid smiley in ICS?)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's my thing: It's not about sources. It's not about being right. It's about updates being finicky, at best. And in very few instances are Android updates available for everybody at one time. Verizon's been able to do it (go figure). Maybe a couple others.

We all need to be patient. Do you want it right? Or want it right now?

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site

You are kidding, of course.

I used to live at Ground Zero (Palo Alto). Mid-level managers (at best) aren't going to tell you anything. Once in a long while, some drunk kid will leave hardware lying around (Apple, fired). Absent this, ift is all just fun speculation.

2/17 - 10:02, I'm telling ya.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's my thing: It's not about sources. It's not about being right. It's about updates being finicky, at best. And in very few instances are Android updates available for everybody at one time. Verizon's been able to do it (go figure). Maybe a couple others.

We all need to be patient. Do you want it right? Or want it right now?

Knowing of the bugs in the 4.0.4 leak, I'd rather have it right.

You're right, I've never seen an update for anything on my NS4G in the time I've had it on time. I've always had to manually do the update.zip thing (including manually installing Android Market APKs...).

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Knowing of the bugs in the 4.0.4 leak, I'd rather have it right.

You're right, I've never seen an update for anything on my NS4G in the time I've had it on time. I've always had to manually do the update.zip thing (including manually installing Android Market APKs...).

To be completely honest...I've run Sense longer on my phone than anything "official". I got this phone basically 2 reasons: Updates before other phones and because I was scarred by the Epic 4Gs updates never happening lol. So not to have ICS is just making me sour on the GN coming to Sprint. Besides...by the time the GN is available on Sprint...early summer at the earliest I think, the SGS3 will have more info available if not released already elsewhere and be shortly around the corner lol.

So I would just like to get the official out so that people would stop whining about not having it :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non