Galaxy Nexus on Sprint

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of weird to offer a good/bad judgment on anyone's 'opinion'...or to say "I like this opinion". Just strikes me as an odd thing to say...

Well I was merely commenting on this members opinion and its meaning. So many upgrades/purchases in past years up to the last few months has always been based on hardware and software and what perks are under the hood.

Now you have members like the one I commented on that is pushing those concerns to the side as second choice and looking at device size as their main point of purchasing a device.

Its an interesting opinion, no matter what power and perks are in the device if certain consumers say the thing is too big in size they don't care what your going to package with it they will look elsewhere for a device that fits their ideal size.

That's one thing that worries me about the direction phones have been going in - it seems like to get a "good" phone nowadays, you have to look big, and I'm another one who feels that 4" is the sweet spot.

Now, that being said, I've been hands on briefly with a Galaxy Nexus - it didn't *feel* that big. *shrugs*
My neighbor has the GNex.. I find it usable, but I do have to admit there is a lot of phone there in your hand. I can see where it would get a bit bulky at time... She had the TBolt previously and I thought that was a big brick but her GNex seems even bigger to me.

Its thin, I will give them that and the size does provide for more screen to play with but I do see where some say its just too much...

But now as newer devices are developed the magic number according to manufactures seems to be in the 4.3" plus range or bigger. Only time will tell in purchases and opinions if this was a smart move or bad.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I Will Most Likely Have To Wait For The Next Nexus... Like Paul627g Said, My Contract Wont Be Up Until Then Anyways. Unless Sprint Is Still Serving Up Dial Up Speeds In My Area, Then I Will Just Go Back To T-mobile!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I Will Most Likely Have To Wait For The Next Nexus... Like Paul627g Said, My Contract Wont Be Up Until Then Anyways. Unless Sprint Is Still Serving Up Dial Up Speeds In My Area, Then I Will Just Go Back To T-mobile!

Dude...why are you capitalizing every word? That's almost more annoying than ALL CAPS.

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would ask everyone who has a Nexus S are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus
this weekend or stay with your Nexus S for a while until something else comes out?
I'm really debating hard on this. I really wanted to Galaxy Nexus but now I'm wondering if I should just
wait a month or two to see if the price goes down. I can see it dropping to 149 or so after a month.

What is everyone doing?

I have a NS4G and upgraded to the Gnex. Lovin it! Found this Unboxing video earlier. Pretty cool..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBF9dv-J57M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think the price will drop. Not alot, but will definitely go down... They will have deals at various places...Probably in a few months..

sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Won't be getting another Nexus as long as Samsung is the manufacturer. My experience with this and prior Samsung (Epic 4G) points to weaker GPS and radio and/or poorly coded radio drivers resulting in less reliable signal strength and stability as compared to my HTC branded phones (Evo and Hero).

At any rate, Sprint service has deteriorated locally so much over the past two years, that AT&T or Verizon - though pricier - are becoming a better value in terms of service coverage.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Won't be getting another Nexus as long as Samsung is the manufacturer. My experience with this and prior Samsung (Epic 4G) points to weaker GPS and radio and/or poorly coded radio drivers resulting in less reliable signal strength and stability as compared to my HTC branded phones (Evo and Hero).

At any rate, Sprint service has deteriorated locally so much over the past two years, that AT&T or Verizon - though pricier - are becoming a better value in terms of service coverage.

I kind of feel the same way. The nexus s radios seem very weak and I am convinced its why the battery dies so fast.

The evo lte looks promising and I have always been impressed with HTC hardware.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
150 off-contract, mint condition, wimax 4G, ICS, and GOOGLE branded. Its a winner for me, at least till the fall.

For me surrounded by iPhone fanboys and Apple brats, form factor and branding is important. This phone has gotten me some peaks over the shoulder, then I show um its "Google".

I like vanilla ICS but I do find myself trying to find a way to get back some HTC sense functionality like automatically linking contacts.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I see no reason to upgrade now since sprint released the ics update for it. It was like getting a brand new phone anyway. :)

losino

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Prolly not. I got my nexus s off Craigslist I October. I had a blackberry bold 9650. I'm going to stick with this phone for a while. I don't see myself upgrading at all in 2012 even tho I am eligible to do so now. And when I do upgrade I will be buying the phone off contract from Craigslist.

Go Bucs!

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just hope Sprint is one of the first carriers to get the next Nexus and that the Google logo is kept on the back.

Thanks to big red, I don't think we'll see Google branding on a US Nexus again. And I can't see how a CDMA carrier can get a nexus first when the phone is primarily developed on GSM hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non