Hmm. Fix or Replace?!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So the power button is shot on my Nexus. Was debating. Paying to get it fixed; or, using my upgrade to get the Evo LTE or the Galaxy Nexus; but, I really don't think I wanna stay with Sprint; but, the new Verizon price plan is going to suck! And ATT just plain sucks.

What to do what to do.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So the power button is shot on my Nexus. Was debating. Paying to get it fixed; or, using my upgrade to get the Evo LTE or the Galaxy Nexus; but, I really don't think I wanna stay with Sprint; but, the new Verizon price plan is going to suck! And ATT just plain sucks.

What to do what to do.

If it was me, I would crack the sucker open and try to fix it myself. If it works, great. If not, then hello upgrade! If you upgrade though, can you at least wait to see the S3?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, many custom roms have the option to use the volume rocker to wake the device. Just a thought if you are not quite ready to make that move.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, many custom roms have the option to use the volume rocker to wake the device. Just a thought if you are not quite ready to make that move.

I know. That's what I wanted to do. However I left it stock after the official upgrade and dont have clock work installed. Something with the power button is triggering it and it wont let me flash clock work. I can't even move around the fast boot menu.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If it was me, I would crack the sucker open and try to fix it myself. If it works, great. If not, then hello upgrade! If you upgrade though, can you at least wait to see the S3?

You know where to get a power button? I cracked it open earlier to see if it was stuck or something. Seems to be clicking fine.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You know where to get a power button? I cracked it open earlier to see if it was stuck or something. Seems to be clicking fine.

I don't. I seem to recall that this was a known issue. Did you try the XDA forums, they are typically better for mods, etc.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't. I seem to recall that this was a known issue. Did you try the XDA forums, they are typically better for mods, etc.

Nah. I didn't look over there yet. I'm kinda leaning towards just getting the evo. I wanted to switch to Verizon but not with their new plans.

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Check on amazon they have the whole back piece which includes new lens cover and both the button just take ur old one off pop on the new one

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I went out and just got the EVO. After weighing the options of switching service it wasn't worth it to me.

I really like this phone. The hardware is sweet. The reception is highly better than any Samsung phone I've owned. Almost makes it like New service.

Didn't root just yet. Deciding wether or not. Sense isn't bad.

I miss vanilla android but this hardware is far superior to the Samsung devices IMO. And the hd LCD looks no different than the OLED.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member