Can't Transfer Files To NS4G Anymore

ROB_M

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi-

I am just about to ditch my NS4G. Up until now, it has been a great phone. I have been trying to transfer music and picture files for the last few days but every time I drag and drop files in to the phone, the file transfer process just hangs. I was able to get a few pictures on the device, but it should not take as long as it did and also the last time the sync process froze. I have tried a factory reset several times (approximately 10 times) with no luck. I have tried performing this on a Windows 7 machine and also a Windows Vista machine. I was wondering if it was a problem with the Jelly Bean or ICS Update. I checked Samsung's website for some updated USB drivers but they don't have anything. Everything else on the phone works fine. I used to be able to drag and drop them right in to the phone with absolutely no problems. Not sure what the problem is but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Rob_M :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try uninstalling whatever Samsung drivers you have installed on your computer.. Look under Uninstall programs in Windows... You will see Samsung there in the list if you installed any...

Download and install PDAnet on your computer and follow the instructions and let that install the drivers for you on the computer.

Give it a shot afterwards.

Other thoughts.. Possibly your USB cable getting worn out?

Another suggestion if your hooked to your home computer via WIFI you could use ES File Explorer from the Play Store and it has the option in there to connect via LAN to your WIFI network and you can move files that way.. I use that quite often to save wear and tear on my USB port on the phone.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Another suggestion if your hooked to your home computer via WIFI you could use ES File Explorer from the Play Store and it has the option in there to connect via LAN to your WIFI network and you can move files that way.. I use that quite often to save wear and tear on my USB port on the phone.

You can also use GDrive, Dropbox, or Box as well.

ROB_M

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I tried pdanet but for some reason it prompted me to open it on my phone and i couldn't. I will give it another shot though. I haven't checked to see if I was using the latest version. The WIFI is another great idea. Was just hoping to get the drag and drop thing working but we will see as soon as i try to load the latest version of pdanet. Ill post back when I get it working. BTW - I was wondering about the cable getting worn out too, but haven't had any charging issues.

Rob_M

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW - I was wondering about the cable getting worn out too, but haven't had any charging issues.

Rob_M

Your welcome on the suggestions.. On the worn out cable, I have seen cables charge but not make a connection for file transfers. Sounds weird but it does happen.

ROB_M

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm starting to feel the cable might be bad also. Other than the file transfer issue, the phone works excellent still like the day I got it so the cable definitely could be the culprit. I will try a new one next for sure.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Also note, not all cables like to work for the ns4g. For instance none of my cables from my LG Optimus S work on my nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87