Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It's a nexus device all you have to do is unlock it and flash su, no need for someone to find an exploit :)

Links sir Links! :)

Coming from the Palm Pre here on this Sunday. Got my pre-order in. So going to start doing research. Currently wondering if you need a non stock kernel to clock it higher.

Going to have to watch android central main site for updates!

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Since it is stock OS does it have swype on it, if not can I install swype without rooting it?[/QUOTE
You sure can, if you haven't already sign up for the beta to get the .APK.

Also for those wanting root I am fairly certain a much more experienced person than myself will have detailed instructions soon enough

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about signing up for the Swype beta program early. I just got my download link email! :) Will be coming from a Pre- myself on Sunday.

Since it is stock OS does it have swype on it, if not can I install swype without rooting it?[/QUOTE
You sure can, if you haven't already sign up for the beta to get the .APK.

Also for those wanting root I am fairly certain a much more experienced person than myself will have detailed instructions soon enough

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus S is a developer phone, is designed to be easy to work with. To unlock the bootloader you only need to enter some simple commands using the Android SDK:

fastboot oem unlock

As mattg1 posted earlier, no exploits are needed. Simplicity is Nexus...

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site
HaHa no after you unlock it you flash your recovery.img then the su.zip, it will be the same as the original nexus S. I think gbhil said he would post exact instructions soon enough.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
HaHa no after you unlock it you flash your recovery.img then the su.zip, it will be the same as the original nexus S. I think gbhil said he would post exact instructions soon enough.

O booo.. i got excited. Lol. Easy enough though. Any instructions on how to go back to factory?

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Gbhil said in another post that he is going to be working with someone to put out straightforward instructions and/or kit to unlock the bootloader and flash clockwork/SU sometime in the next week I believe. Koush might have to put out a new version of clockwork for the ns4g.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Gbhil said in another post that he is going to be working with someone to put out straightforward instructions and/or kit to unlock the bootloader and flash clockwork/SU sometime in the next week I believe. Koush might have to put out a new version of clockwork for the ns4g.

this is great news as i hear the phones may start shipping this week.