Solved Customize color palettes in Android

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi! So I need some app or some way to customize the colors provided by the system in the settings Wallpaper and Style-> Color Palettes by my Samsung phone. You know when you set a wallpaper you have a choice of color palettes based on that that theme the device. How do I customize those colors and select my own? Most importantly I need to customize the background and foreground of my icons for which I am using an adaptive icon pack(which can change colors using those palettes) but theming the other colors would be welcome as well. I tried LWP+ it doesn't work and it seems too finicky and buggy and hacky for me. If it worked I would make a compromise but it doesn't. Also Repainter doesn't work, I am using free version with no root. Any idea how to do what I want? I am willing to root my phone if there is NO other option. Last resort. Anything else? Maybe how to fix the above mentioned apps(I prefer Repainter) but both are accepted or any other app or way to do it? Any ideas? Anything at all?

Solution
Good Lock Theme Park offers that option if you want to use different wallpapers and icons other than those from Galaxy Store.

Nova Launcher also offers that customisation option.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! So I need some app or some way to customize the colors provided by the system in the settings Wallpaper and Style-> Color Palettes by my Samsung phone. You know when you set a wallpaper you have a choice of color palettes based on that that theme the device. How do I customize those colors and select my own? Most importantly I need to customize the background and foreground of my icons for which I am using an adaptive icon pack(which can change colors using those palettes) but theming the other colors would be welcome as well. I tried LWP+ it doesn't work and it seems too finicky and buggy and hacky for me. If it worked I would make a compromise but it doesn't. Also Repainter doesn't work, I am using free version with no root. Any idea how to do what I want? I am willing to root my phone if there is NO other option. Last resort. Anything else? Maybe how to fix the above mentioned apps(I prefer Repainter) but both are accepted or any other app or way to do it? Any ideas? Anything at all?
Which Samsung device you have?

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Good Lock Theme Park offers that option if you want to use different wallpapers and icons other than those from Galaxy Store.

Nova Launcher also offers that customisation option.
Yes, thanks Theme Park is awesome actually! I am using it currently to customize my colors and whatever else it offers and it's awesome! Thanks! Though if anyone has suggestions how to customize further on my original request, I am still accepting them. Also Nova offers it? How? I don't believe you can change the icon colors with it, maybe other colors but it's not the same as the palettes I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, if there is something in Nova I can use that would be awesome.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I have they didn't work with my current configuration which I wrote here.
Sorry, I missed the part about your LWP+ experience (though it works fine for me). Repainter can be made to "kinda" work w/o root. Get the trial version of the full app. When the trial expires the theme and style you selected will still be active... as long as you don't change it. If you make a change at that point, the "full" features will be gone and the app will revert to the "free" version features. Of course, if the full version does what you want, buying it would be the thing to do, and it would reward the dev for their work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy A51 4g(I don't think it's the 5g version if that matters) Android 13 don't remember the exact version using Nova 8.0.8 no root
So you're able to change palettes on your A51 like my screenshot?
f3d350a82f426c784a5c12ec62dd0085.jpg
0bb7a4cec8a6cf2cac6cf0d824e59815.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thanks Theme Park is awesome actually! I am using it currently to customize my colors and whatever else it offers and it's awesome! Thanks! Though if anyone has suggestions how to customize further on my original request, I am still accepting them. Also Nova offers it? How? I don't believe you can change the icon colors with it, maybe other colors but it's not the same as the palettes I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, if there is something in Nova I can use that would be awesome.
You can mix and match icons with Nova, so I frequently just pick and choose different ones in colours I want. The way my setup is with Nova I don't care what app drawer icons look like if they're not visible on my home screen or Edge Panel. You're correct about colour customisation though.

Reactions: mustang7757

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Sorry, I missed the part about your LWP+ experience (though it works fine for me). Repainter can be made to "kinda" work w/o root. Get the trial version of the full app. When the trial expires the theme and style you selected will still be active... as long as you don't change it. If you make a change at that point, the "full" features will be gone and the app will revert to the "free" version features. Of course, if the full version does what you want, buying it would be the thing to do, and it would reward the dev for their work.
Thanks, that's a good idea I forgot it has a trial. Yeah if it does what I want I will definitely buy it.

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
You can mix and match icons with Nova, so I frequently just pick and choose different ones in colours I want. The way my setup is with Nova I don't care what app drawer icons look like if they're not visible on my home screen or Edge Panel. You're correct about colour customisation though.
how can you choose alternate icons if you don't like some icons of the theme by the way? There was some way in Nova but I forgot how. Can you tell me how was that done?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yup. However I can't change all of the colors in the palette to custom ones of my choice which is ultimately my goal. I mean choosing one color is great but if I can choose the whole palette, I am going to try repainter, if you have other suggestions please let me know.
Nothing more to add besides what's said with Nova and Samsung Good luck

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Thanks how do you edit? Cannot seem to find the edit function

oh nevermind I found it. I got my setup ready now, thanks a lot to everyone for their help! I ended up using Theme Park to choose a color and it turned out awesome!Also the extra info on Repainter and the other apps is appreciated, I will keep that in mind for future setups. And I will use this thread for reference if I need info.

Last edited by a moderator: