NoLED Settings?

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to be able to just tap the screen to turn on the phone or do you have to hit a button and then unlock to read a text or email? There is an option, not sure if its related, to "Disable touch Screen", does anyone know exactly what this this does?

Also is anyone using both GoSMS Pro and NoLED? I really like the Pop Up window feature on GO SMS, but if I use it with NoLed on, the SMS box stays on the screen with the LED square running in the background and drains the battery.

Finally, my phone quit vibrating now when I receive texts. There is an option to vibrate every whatever you set it to in seconds. Is there a way just to set it to vibrate initially and then stop. I don't want my phone vibrating every xxx seconds if I get an email while I am sleeping.

Last edited:

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think if you disable the lock screen you should be able to just tap the buttons and the screen will pop on.
I could be wrong but give that a try. Hopefully that works for you.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Do you want to have NoLed not notify you when you get a sms. Just let GoSMS pro notify you? If so just disable SMS messaging notifications on NoLED.

Yes. Go into GoSMS pro and adjust the notification settings and make sure you turn off all notifications in the stock sms app. Hopefully this helps you out.
If not let me know and I can walk you through it.

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Do you want to have NoLed not notify you when you get a sms. Just let GoSMS pro notify you? If so just disable SMS messaging notifications on NoLED.

To clarify, once I have a new text message, the NoLed screen notifies me like it should and I want to...however the GoSMS pop-up message appears over the NoLed Screen, which causes my text to appear until I unlock my phone (previously it would pop-up for 3 seconds and the screen would turn off, but remain popped up once I unlocked).

I am hoping to have this same pop-up sms message appear once I unlock my phone with NoLed turned on as it previously did.

JarffVC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Q: Am having problems running Handcent SMS (Or any other popup SMS notifier) with NoLED. Can you fix this?

This has been very difficult for me to fix. NoLED's notification screen competes with these program's dialogs over screen focus. I have made an experimental support for Handcent SMS compatiblity by delaying SMS message notifications by 6 seconds. Hopefully, this will leave room for Handcent's popup to appear first, and then be overridden by NoLED's notification.
To enable this feature, go to NoLED's settings and enable "Delay SMS".
I'm afraid that this will be my last attempt at fixing compatibility issues with these programs. If that doesn't work, either disable Handcent SMS's popups (from settings), or uninstall it.

Thank you for the link! Worked great for me.

Reactions: hi-tech34