Install purchased apps on different Gmail account

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
So I am in the process of migrating everything from my Umail account to my new Gmail account (because my Umail account is some kind of "special" university Google account that doesn't actually work with things like "Speech" on Google Dashboard or "Picasa Web Album Sync" options from my phone).

When I went to the Market to purchase two games (Need for Speed and Asphalt), it told me that my Umail account couldn't purchase them. So I created a Gmail account and purchased the games. Now, when I sign into the Gmail account, the games aren't there, but when I sign into my Umail account the games are there and ready to be installed for free.

What's even worse is that on my Google Dashboard under my Gmail account, it shows that I have made two purchases (the games I bought). However, when I go into the Market, it doesn't show the apps there and I have to re-purchase them. The only way the apps will show up for free is when I first setup my phone and sign into my Umail first. I tried to sign into my Gmail account and then sign into the Umail account and go into Market, but they will not show up unless I sign into my Umail first.

I tried backing them up using Astro File Manager and restoring them. When I started the games, I was given an error message stating that the games are licensed for my phone.

Can anyone help me? Or am SOL?

Edit:

To further elaborate on my problem, in order for me to sign into my University Umail account, I have to go to http://umail.iu.edu and sign in with "clwrusse@umail.iu.edu". When I go here and go to my account settings, there is no Dashboard or ANYTHING from a normal Google account except Applications Security (which of course the only thing here is Calendar). The only other option is for me to change my password.

Now...when I go to http://www.google.com/dashboard and sign in with "clwrusse@umail.iu.edu" (using a different password) it takes me to a different Google account with an actual Dashboard. This is also the account that I have tied to my phone. It is a very confusing thing because if I sign into the Online Web Android Market and look for purchases, the games aren't there. However, when I go to the market on my phone, they are there. I think this happened to me when YouTube changed the way you sign in (because I was using my Umail account to sign into YouTube) so they took me to a different page to create a new Google account that is tied to my Umail.

I think I'm screwed lol

Last edited:

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
hmm weird. Well it looks like u purchased them using Umail account. If they show up under it. U might be able to contact support and see if they can help but most likely u will have to purchase them again under the account you want to use in the future. Sucks but not much u can do

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
hmm weird. Well it looks like u purchased them using Umail account. If they show up under it. U might be able to contact support and see if they can help but most likely u will have to purchase them again under the account you want to use in the future. Sucks but not much u can do

well, I really don't play them anyway so it's not a HUGE loss (plus I got them on sale for $.99 each)....it's just frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa