Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PhoneJunkie
  • 2 Post By moosc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photon Hacking/Android Development?

(this is not a rant, but honest question)

Why does it seem like there are no developers for the Photon 4G? Why isn't there a subforum for hacks and ROMs and stuff here at androidcentral? And how come there isn't any mention of the phone over at XDA-Developers? Its like this phone doesn't even exist.

Not having S-Off didn't stop the 3D owners, whats going on with this phone? To me it looks and feels better than the Evo 3D, and I certainly don't care for the 3D stuff, but I would hate to have a phone for the next 2 years that had no modding community.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Locked bootloader means the phone is not easy to root. I am sure the experts can provide more details.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Photon Hacking/Android Development?

Quote Originally Posted by hal3146 View Post
    Locked bootloader means the phone is not easy to root. I am sure the experts can provide more details.
    Its painfully obvious that its not easy to root, but look at what the Evo 3D community did. They did the impossible. Is the Photon just a less favoured device among developers?

it seems so.

However, If the atrix was rooted, photon should be very similar...(i think?)

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

This is the reason I will not buy this phone. It is boring.

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

It'll happen eventually I think. It seems like most of the devs that had the EVO went with the 3D.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If the Photon is not rooted anytime soon we'll just have to wait for an unlocked Bootloader from Moto

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If the Photon is not rooted anytime soon we'll just have to wait for an unlocked Bootloader from Moto
    Most likely thats what we will have to wait for. I know most of the Photon owners for some reason feel they need to bash the EVO 3D, but the facts are it's another great phone just like ours, but it's a more popular device, and therefore will receive more attention from the dev community. If you need to root and constantly change ROMs the Photon is probably not the right phone.
    srkmagnus likes this.

In theory this phone is close to the atrix and that phone got unlocked. Try contacting a developer from that community.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Give it time the phone officially is available today. And stop with BS on being locked ALL phones are currently locked. Helll thrmey just released a away to unlocked some htc phones that's been out a couple weeks
    headbuzz and donniegood like this.

ROM
    CM9

Give it time!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

@Moosc Has a great point. The Evo3D is a good phone in its own right and has a larger Developer following. I would love to get another HTC device but feel a the need to try something new and see what other companies are offering before jumping to a conclusion based on popular opinion.

I'm sure Developers will eventually pick up the device but it might be sometime since everyone is busy with the Evo