Photon Hacking/Android Development?

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
(this is not a rant, but honest question)

Why does it seem like there are no developers for the Photon 4G? Why isn't there a subforum for hacks and ROMs and stuff here at androidcentral? And how come there isn't any mention of the phone over at XDA-Developers? Its like this phone doesn't even exist.

Not having S-Off didn't stop the 3D owners, whats going on with this phone? To me it looks and feels better than the Evo 3D, and I certainly don't care for the 3D stuff, but I would hate to have a phone for the next 2 years that had no modding community.

hal3146

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Locked bootloader means the phone is not easy to root. I am sure the experts can provide more details.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Locked bootloader means the phone is not easy to root. I am sure the experts can provide more details.

Its painfully obvious that its not easy to root, but look at what the Evo 3D community did. They did the impossible. Is the Photon just a less favoured device among developers?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It'll happen eventually I think. It seems like most of the devs that had the EVO went with the 3D.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If the Photon is not rooted anytime soon we'll just have to wait for an unlocked Bootloader from Moto :)

Most likely thats what we will have to wait for. I know most of the Photon owners for some reason feel they need to bash the EVO 3D, but the facts are it's another great phone just like ours, but it's a more popular device, and therefore will receive more attention from the dev community. If you need to root and constantly change ROMs the Photon is probably not the right phone.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Give it time the phone officially is available today. And stop with BS on being locked ALL phones are currently locked. Helll thrmey just released a away to unlocked some htc phones that's been out a couple weeks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
@Moosc Has a great point. The Evo3D is a good phone in its own right and has a larger Developer following. I would love to get another HTC device but feel a the need to try something new and see what other companies are offering before jumping to a conclusion based on popular opinion.

I'm sure Developers will eventually pick up the device but it might be sometime since everyone is busy with the Evo :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo