Calendar Apps not syncing new events

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have my Photon set to sync with our Exchange server at the office. I am having trouble with new events not syncing when entered in third-party apps.

First of all, if I enter an event on the Exchange side (via Outlook), the Photon picks it up with not problem. Also, if I use the stock calendar app to enter a new event on the Photon side, it will sync to Exchange.

I prefer the Jorte calendar app to the stock app, but I discovered that when I enter a new event on the phone via Jorte, it never copies over to the Exchange side. It DOES show up in the stock calendar app on the Photon, so I know it is there. But, it never sync's over to be seen in Outlook.

I tried the same thing via Pure Grid Calendar widget and got the same result. If I enter a new event via the widget, it shows up on the phone's calendar app but never syncs over to the Exchange side. I'm at a loss . . . any clues?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Mine is syncing with Pure Grid Calendar widget. Are you setting your calendars events for sync via your gmail calendar, or phone calendar?

For sync, events should be done with the gmail calendar set in 3rd party apps...

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Actually, make sure you're using the Exchange calendar as your default (not GMail in this case), and make sure the third party (Jorte I guess) is creating events on that calendar, not your gmail or local calendar.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, make sure you're using the Exchange calendar as your default (not GMail in this case), and make sure the third party (Jorte I guess) is creating events on that calendar, not your gmail or local calendar.
The strange part of this is that Jorte is set to add new events to the Exchange calendar just like the default calendar. When I add an event in Jorte, and then open up the stock calendar, it shows the event as being on the Exchange calendar. It just doesn't actually get into Exchange!

I even tried copying an existing event in Jorte. The old event was already showing on the Exchange side, but the newly copied event never showed up. I'm so confused....

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The strange part of this is that Jorte is set to add new events to the Exchange calendar just like the default calendar. When I add an event in Jorte, and then open up the stock calendar, it shows the event as being on the Exchange calendar. It just doesn't actually get into Exchange!

I even tried copying an existing event in Jorte. The old event was already showing on the Exchange side, but the newly copied event never showed up. I'm so confused....

If you (a) can enter an event or meeting on Outlook / Exchange and it shows up on the phone, and (b) you can enter an event / meeting in the stock calendar app and it shows up on Exchange, then the phone and Exchange are definitely communicating properly.

It sounds like Jorte is the culprit here, somehow, in how it populates the event to the calendar. I'm not really familiar with Jorte, so not sure I can help much there...have you tried contacting the developer?

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you (a) can enter an event or meeting on Outlook / Exchange and it shows up on the phone, and (b) you can enter an event / meeting in the stock calendar app and it shows up on Exchange, then the phone and Exchange are definitely communicating properly.

It sounds like Jorte is the culprit here, somehow, in how it populates the event to the calendar. I'm not really familiar with Jorte, so not sure I can help much there...have you tried contacting the developer?
I tried emailing the developer for Jorte, and no answer yet. But I've tried two other 3rd party calendar apps and gotten the same result. There must be some field that has changed in the way the Photon tracks new date entries. I never had a problem on my EVO.