Photon and Stock Keyboard

TimG517

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I recently had my Photon factory reset by Sprint. The battery is a lot better, most things are better now.
However, my phone is defaulting to load the android keyboard everywhere instead of Swype. I have Swype checked under the keyboard setting.
Is there a good way to stop this?

TimG517

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.

hirenpathak

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.

Did you change your settings-->Language & Keyboard Settings-->"Input method".. there is an option to select Swype instead of Multi-touch keyboard.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Another option worth considering is uninstalling the default Swype and installing the latest Swype. It's much better.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How do you uninstall the default swype without rooting?

I'll bet one has to have their phone rooted - I'd love to try the new Swype as I've read they are now using Dragon Dictation for their speech.to.text option.

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I would just root the device and upgrade. Google +aio +root and you'll find an easy rooting option. I only use the root for the Swype keyboard and wifi tether.

The latest Swype gets ride of a lot of the annoyances from the standard swype, and yes, the text to speech option is very intuitive. I have an accent (What NYer doesn't?) and it picks up my words very well, and no training required. Also, Siri uses the Dragon technology on their text-2-speech....

strawhatnito0890

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey dude I posted a link for a one click root. den get Swype beta trust me it's worth it. Also wat app are u using for wifi tether I wanna connect my Ps3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699