Background Apps?

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an lg velvet 5g T-Mobile version. I have installed 750 apps overtheree years seeing how much I can stuff and which ones we good.

I know its a lot and that is why my battery is not lasting as long as it used to. Before I factory reset I wanted to see what is eating the battery. I installed better battery stats and accu battery pro.

But then I found this app called Background Apps & Process List by Vishnu N K Tools. Itssiadu 273 apps running in the background.

I found if you goto Settings and click on Battery and Background restrictions you can tick mark all the apps you want to restrict from running in the background. I ticked all the apps just to see what would happen. I restarted several times.

Background Apps & Process List still says 15 running in the background. It says for example Amazon Alexa is running. I double checked and it is tick marked. So I thought the app is lying. I clicked on the app to open the setting page for the app. It says force stop. So it is running.

But I marked it for restriction in the settings. So whyvis it still running?

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Amazon Alexa remains running in the background much like Google Assistant does, it's waiting for voice activation from the user, so it needs to keep running, that's how it works. You can either uninstall it or disable it from within the app settings but it still may override which you choose.

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Alexa remains running in the background much like Google Assistant does, it's waiting for voice activation from the user, so it needs to keep running, that's how it works. You can either uninstall it or disable it from within the app settings but it still may override which you choose.
That makes sense. But then why is there an option in the settings to disable background use of the Alexa app if it still runs canyway. That app should not bve on the list if it can not be restricted.

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Quora app is also listed in battery settings under background restrictions. It is tick marked not to run in background. But Background Apps & Process List still shows it running in the background even though I never opened it after a fresh reboot.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That makes sense. But then why is there an option in the settings to disable background use of the Alexa app if it still runs canyway. That app should not bve on the list if it can not be restricted.
You can turn Alexa off if you want to, it was easy to shut off on my Lenovo tablet that it came pre-installed on. As far as showing in the running apps, if you don't plan on using an app regularly, you can just force stop it, which will kill it until the next time you open it up.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter