Didn't think Sprint would get the N5 now I don't know what to do.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I love my note 3. I really do. But I have always wanted a nexus and know that sprint would get it. Now in torn. The big screen is great for videos and games but 75% of the time I find myself tossing it around and ballancing it trying to use it one handed. I want the updates of the nexus and the "stock" experience. Anyone in the same place as me?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love my note 3. I really do. But I have always wanted a nexus and know that sprint would get it. Now in torn. The big screen is great for videos and games but 75% of the time I find myself tossing it around and ballancing it trying to use it one handed. I want the updates of the nexus and the "stock" experience. Anyone in the same place as me?

I would say, if you can, get the Nexus. From what I have seen, it is finally a device that is worthy of being called a flagship. That, and no worries of when you get the next update to Android.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I thought the same thing so I bought the moto X. While I LOVE my Moto X, I find that I got bored with it pretty quick. BUT in all fairness, I get bored with all phones I get at some point, but I got bored with stock android much faster.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeaaaaaa I wasn't banking on the N5 being on Sprint..im past my 14 days so i can't do anything but im happy with the N3, the battery alone reinforced my decision.

...but ill probably go back to Nexus next year

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You might want to try SwiftKey Beta. The adjustable keyboard options may help quite a bit, and I (and others) believe it's the best keyboard available.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
That would only help with the keyboard. I find the phone itself difficult to hold onto for my daily use. I think my hands simply aren't big enough. I am also past the 14 days but these things are going for like $650 on eBay at like new conditions so that would cover a nexus and then some. Its really coming down to the camera for me. I think I would miss the features such as slow motion recording and just the over all quality (unless we get some reviews over the next couple days saying that the camera on the N5 is fantastic).

Jeromegotevo4g

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty I've been rethinking the note 3 since sprint got the N5, but two things back up my decision to stick with the Note 3. 1 being able to rock a spare battery is a must if you consume a lot of media and 2 being able to use a SD card is also a deal breaker these days for me at least, I have maxed out my Google music slotted space and can no longer upload mix tapes because I have no room there, but since I have a 64 GB card in my Note 3 I just keep my mix tapes there instead, I buy all my other music from Google or stream it using the Google music service but I have a lot of underground artists I listen to and being to keep their mix tapes with me is a must and they load right up in my Google music app so it stays seamless and makes it so I don't have to hop between the Google music app and the onboard music player. Sorry for the book I just wrote Hahaha hope that helps your decision champ!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend getting the Nexus 5 instead of the Note 3 but perhaps in addition to it. It's low cost makes this feasible too. There may be times when you want a smaller phone than the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 could be used at those times.

Note 8.0

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend getting the Nexus 5 instead of the Note 3 but perhaps in addition to it. It's low cost makes this feasible too. There may be times when you want a smaller phone than the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 could be used at those times.

Note 8.0

I'm thinking about doing that myself. I can't see getting rid of my Note 3 for the Nexus 5....even though I have wished and waited for Google to make this happen lol. Decisions...decisions lol.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of the Nexus 5 but I love the Note 3 and also the battery of the Note 3. Even though I'm not against charging.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I put it up for sale and am making the switch. I might ask for the 10.1 (2014) as a graduation present. I just get really nervous when I need to balance my phone and twist my hand all over the place to type. And the on handed Keyboard doesn't take away the fact that I have to balance it weird. I Dont use an SD card as I have had too many crashes in which I lost all my data and I Dont listen to music on my phone. And I have an Anker Astro so the removable battery doesn't really matter as I just plug my phone in whenever it gets low. I'm gonna miss it at times but I have always wanted a nexus.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That would only help with the keyboard. I find the phone itself difficult to hold onto for my daily use. I think my hands simply aren't big enough. I am also past the 14 days but these things are going for like $650 on eBay at like new conditions so that would cover a nexus and then some. Its really coming down to the camera for me. I think I would miss the features such as slow motion recording and just the over all quality (unless we get some reviews over the next couple days saying that the camera on the N5 is fantastic).

There's a video on YouTube about making the screen (not just the keyboard) one handed... Have you seen it?

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
With a quick swipe you can make the screen one - hand able... No more fumbling with it... I'm not sure if it's in the first part or the second.

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have seen this and I use it but you still need to balance it. That and it takes away a lot of speed when typing from muscle memory.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK if I sell it do I need to keep the Sim or sell it with it?

Keep. Your SIM is how your phone accesses the network... If someone has your SIM they can use your account and phone number.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87