Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Note 3: Flashing Cyanogen Nightly Build

I followed the procedures here How to Install Android KitKat Custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy Note 3. I was able to install TWRP, and did a Nadroid backup. I put the zip files Cyanogen Mod 11 and GApps on the phone, and flashed the phone. But only got the Samsung Note 3 logo after bootup. Can you help figure out why I can not boot up with Kitkat? Should I flash Cyanogen Mod 11, boot the phone, and then flash the GApps? Is there anyway I can capture the results of the TWRP session and post it? Should I try a previous nightly build?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-05-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Flashing Cyanogen Nightly Build

How long did it hang on the Samsung logo? It usually takes a few minutes to boot up after first flashing it. You did it correctly; the Gapps file is flashed along with the ROM.
    Was that the first ROM you tried?

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I let the phone sit for an hour; no change. I tried the cm-11-20140130 and gapps-kk-20131208. Yes it was my first time, and the first ROM going on this phone.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Shahin Ansari View Post
    I let the phone sit for an hour; no change. I tried the cm-11-20140130 and gapps-kk-20131208. Yes it was my first time, and the first ROM going on this phone.
    Try flashing one of their stable 10.2 builds. Before installing, do an advanced wipe and select cache, dalvik cache, data and system. That should prevent it from hanging on the logo screen

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just got the cyanogenmod logo with the arrow going around the logo. Seems like it is working. I used the same file versions; the only thing I did differently this time was to check the cm11's MD5 hash. I think the last file I downloaded got corrupted during the download or transfer.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I just got the cyanogenmod logo with the arrow going around the logo. Seems like it is working. I used the same file versions; the only thing I did differently this time was to check the cm11's MD5 hash. I think the last file I downloaded got corrupted during the download or transfer.
    Cool. So it booted up all the way this time?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes it did. I am enjoying the new features. I have made calls, and everything seems to be in order. Thank you so much for the support. I do have a question about the voice mails. What do I have to do to configure my voice mail the way Sprint had it? I see a text message stating that "Android: xxxxxxxxx has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call xxxxxxxxxx to listen." I recognize the first number, which left me a message. The 2nd number, however I am not sure where it is coming from. It is a 408 number.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yes it did. I am enjoying the new features. I have made calls, and everything seems to be in order. Thank you so much for the support. I do have a question about the voice mails. What do I have to do to configure my voice mail the way Sprint had it? I see a text message stating that "Android: xxxxxxxxx has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call xxxxxxxxxx to listen." I recognize the first number, which left me a message. The 2nd number, however I am not sure where it is coming from. It is a 408 number.
    Not sure, I don't have CM on Sprint so I can't check it out myself. Maybe it's the voicemail number for Sprint?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'll call Sprint and find out. I love everything about the upgrade:-) Thanks for your help.