Note 3: Duplicate app widgets when updating

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing duplicate widgets appearing in the widget drawer after updating an application? It seems to occur when updating apps that aren't pre-installed ones. Upon rebooting the phone, or uninstalling and re-installing the app(s), the duplicates disappear. Seems like a bug to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Duplicate app widgets when updating.

If it is a bug, sounds like a fairly inconsequential one. Anyone can place multiple copies of an app shortcut on the homescreens or in folders, so having a duplicate shortcut is certainly not unheard of. I always turn off the Auto-add Widget (Shortcut) option in Google Play anyway, because I don't like it to clutter up my homescreens.

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If it is a bug, sounds like a fairly inconsequential one. Anyone can place multiple copies of an app shortcut on the homescreens or in folders, so having a duplicate shortcut is certainly not unheard of. I always turn off the Auto-add Widget (Shortcut) option in Google Play anyway, because I don't like it to clutter up my homescreens.

Sorry edited my post to better reflect what I meant. The duplicate widgets don't appear on my homescreen, they appear in my widget drawer tab.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Well that does sound weird. You're running stock, unrooted?