Sprint S4 order from Best Buy delayed -- anyone else?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What carrier and what color did you pre-order?

I pre-ordered my white Sprint S4 on April 21st, and picked it up at Best Buy on the 27th. I'm in California FYI...I'm not sure if BB stores are fulfilled by different distribution warehouses around the country.

cuzzin

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
They didn't have mine available on release day, but I got the email saying it was ready to pick up this morning. Apparently my pre-order was the only one they got today.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered my evo lte from bb and when they screwed me I posted a rant you can look up.... my opinion now and then is you can't depend on best buy period. I have given up on pre orders any where... took some phone calls and short trip but got my s4 on launch day no problems from sprint corporate store. Overall though bb sucks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It isn't Best Buy's fault that supply is short. This device is in crazy high demand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It isn't Best Buy's fault that supply is short. This device is in crazy high demand.

Every big phone release is in high demand. If you preorder anywhere you should get it at least by launch date. When third party suppliers are last on the shipment list it's hit or miss. The last two launches I waited... called around and got on launch day. Sorry but I don't want to be at the mercy of a company who can take reservations but can't fill them... see Seinfeld.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Even if you preorder something, you aren't guaranteed to have it on launch day. A preorder gets you a spot in line to get the device, nothing more. If there are more preorders than devices available, should retailers stop taking preorders and it becomes a free for all mess? Or would you rather be guaranteed a device even if you have to wait a bit longer?

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Even if you preorder something, you aren't guaranteed to have it on launch day. A preorder gets you a spot in line to get the device, nothing more. If there are more preorders than devices available, should retailers stop taking preorders and it becomes a free for all mess? Or would you rather be guaranteed a device even if you have to wait a bit longer?

Well since I got my phone without order or preorder or whatever they like to call it. .. I'll continue to just get my device on launch day. My device is probably yours so it is a free for all mess. I advise anyone to just cancel bb order and just go get the phone where it's being sold. Just another example of BB going byebye.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Dude best buy does this crap all the time. They have a share of responsibility in it to. They always mislead customers into reserving a device that no one will have, let alone themselves e.g. iPhone 4 white, HTC one black. They screw around with customers. And I know it's not their intention but they shouldn't take preorders on the hope that they will get the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am in the UK and pre-ordered off contract. The initial date was 26th April and has now been put back to 3rd May. This is annoying but to be expected, I just hope the last delay is just that.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that BB has one of the best return/exchange policies and the best extended protection available. They have tightened their return policy to 15 days unless you are a RZ silver, then it's still 60 days. There is no BS restocking fee and you can exchange more than once. These are the reasons I usually go to BB.

I do agree that their pre order process is lacking. I experienced the same issues a couple years ago when I pre ordered an iPhone 4s. I ended up getting it on launch day at the Apple store and BB called me 2 weeks later to let me know my phone was ready for pick up.

The bottom line is that the pre order system in general is not perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums