turning off roaming guard on sprint galaxy s4

wozz1820

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having a issue turning off roaming guard on my galaxy s4 on sprint. And of course their customer service has no clue. I go to where you should turn it off and everything is greyed out and cannnot be selected. I only get one box to select and that is under international cdma for sms messages. I need to select the domestic ones and cannot. Anyone have the same issue or know how to get them so they can be selected.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I struggled with this for the past two days.

The next time you start to roam and guard comes on, click on it from the notification panel, there should be an option that says "do not display in the future" or something similar. Once that happens, the grayed out options should be unchecked.

Domestic CDMA roaming is now unchecked on my phone, but I have yet to roam again to verify that it actually got rid of the guard.

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>More Networks>Roaming>Roaming Network>Home Only to completely disable it or Automatic to disable some features.
That's the problem. Setting it to Automatic does NOT allow anything to be disabled. All the boxes in the Roaming Guard section are checked, and the only one able to be unchecked are "International CDMA/Outgoing SMS".

Patidallas22

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I was driving in a remote area and my navigation quit working due to this stupid roaming guard. I hate Samsung, never had as many problems with my HTC Evo. I actually have the Note 2, but same greyed out area. However, I didn't get the notification you mention.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem. Setting it to Automatic does NOT allow anything to be disabled. All the boxes in the Roaming Guard section are checked, and the only one able to be unchecked are "International CDMA/Outgoing SMS".

On mine it allows me to un check every single one under domestic and international.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

While you are roaming those boxes should become accessible and you can then uncheck them.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Are the boxes supposed to be checked or unchecked to allow roaming. Under the roaming guard tab most of its greyed out and I can't check anything.

Posted via Android Central App

sambo57u#AC

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
When the roaming guard comes up you need to click the
check box for "Do not show this warning again" and hit ok.
Then the roaming guard is unchecked but everything is still
grayed out.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When the roaming guard comes up you need to click the
check box for "Do not show this warning again" and hit ok.
Then the roaming guard is unchecked but everything is still
grayed out.

I tried this. There is nothing stating do not show this warning again. Who is your service provider? I'm on Sprint.

Posted via Android Central App

sambo57u#AC

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I am on Sprint. When you loose Spring data service do you get a warning from "roaming guard"? That warning has a little
box saying like ":if you don't want to see this warning again click here". If you click that the roaming quard check mark in
the settings will be gone. If you are not getting the above warning then your roaming guard is off already.

Mudavo

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I struggled with this for the past two days.

The next time you start to roam and guard comes on, click on it from the notification panel, there should be an option that says "do not display in the future" or something similar. Once that happens, the grayed out options should be unchecked.

Domestic CDMA roaming is now unchecked on my phone, but I have yet to roam again to verify that it actually got rid of the guard.

Same for me.
7e7u7y5u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

cag5a9

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
that didnt work on my phone if i turn roaming off i dont get any of my txt msgs or emails i love the phone but this roaming ringer has got to go any more suggestions before i have to take it in.

joe johnson6

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
To everyone who is having roaming guard issues and isnt getting the option to click "do not display this message again" try this and see if it works

go to settings> more networks> roaming> roaming network>
set it to home only
wait a few seconds and turn it back to automatic
then see if you get the warning with the box to check next time you are roaming

this worked for me