turning off roaming guard on sprint galaxy s4

RamseyHere

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
On my Optima LG, I constantly get the popup about enabling data roaming and the "Don't show this again"...every time I check and approve data roaming, and still it comes back.

Richard Corbin

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had my samsung galaxy S4 now for 3 days. The coverage map shows in fair area for voice and best for 4G data. Look at the fine print and it explains the coverage map is their best estimate. Data 4G signal is not available at all and I receive 3G at 1 signal bar and constantly lose it. I can go to the front yard and backyard and both sides of the House and nothing changes. I downloaded signal checker app that displays your signal and mine is 107. Since sprint explains coverage map as a best ESTIMATE, I feel I am inside of there area but to test the coverage map I drove through my small town north, south, east and west to the city limit signs and the signal never changes on the signal bar the signal checker app goes to 103 and occasionally 99. According to their map I am deep inside of their best areas for voice and for Data but we do not get it in Naples Texas. The largest city is 21 miles away, Mount Pleasant Texas and that is where I got 4G and it actually started at the Cookeville community about 6 miles from Mount Pleasant Texas. Sprint and it's coverage map in my opinion is a blatant fraud. They tell you that you have three days to return the phone and avoid $35 restocking fee. What they deceive you about is if you order online the moment you place the order the three days begin and it took 3 days for UPS to deliver to my home. According to UPS delivery email notification it arrived at 4:51 p.m. Because of the very weak network signal it took the phone one and a half hours to activate it tried 5 times before it activated. When I put the battery in, it said it was 85 percent charged, I waited until it reached 100 % then I called Sprint customer care they explained if I wanted to return the phone I would need to return it that day as that day the delivery day was the third day. I explained it arrived at 4:51 p.m. It took one and a half hours to activate because the signal was so low it kept losing the signal it took five attempts. So now we are talking about 6:30 at night when I call customer service and we spoke for about 30 minutes and she told me where the closest store was Texarkana Texas over 40 miles away and she said there is not enough time for you to get there as it closes at eight o clock pm. I called the store in Texarkana Texas they explained I should call customer care back ask for a return ticket with a number and once I get the number it will show on their computer system it was issued on the third day which allows you to return it by mail and avoid restocking charge.Trying the device for 3 days when you order it online is a fraud as they include the days for shipping it towards the three days you get to try the phone. In conclusion, in my opinion, based upon my testing of the coverage map area the coverage map used by Sprint is a fraud and if you order online the 3 day trial is a fraud. The roaming guard notice is confusing it is asking me a question and I don't understand what it means to me it means do I want to use the roaming guard system to avoid roaming. So I called Sprint customer care I wanted to know what that meant and once again I told them about extremely low signal. She explained that I needed to enter a special code on the keypad and after the phone resets go to the internet icon and delete personal data and that should clear everything up. The data roaming guard stopped it no longer appeared however I was getting a signal now even less than before so I went back to settings to re check those boxes and there were no Roaming settings ! The roaming settings had been deleted from the phone and in my opinion the code she gave me to enter into the phone turned off roaming so that the phone would not roam anywhere. I am sitting at home and the phone roams so that tells me there is very little coverage here. Signal is very weak but when the phone roams at least I get a good signal because all five bars light up on the signal bar. Now without the roaming features on the phone I cannot even turn them on to at least get a signal. In my opinion this is corporate fraud based on corporate greed and customer representatives customer support technical support all of them need their jobs want their jobs and to keep their jobs they feel they must follow the company line to deceive the customer. Those employees have a choice to work for Sprint and deceive the customer from time to time or not to work for Sprint or become whistleblowers and tell all of us what's really going on. America needs a people driven corporate revolution to stop this illegal activity and behavior. There are some of you asking, why don't I return the phone and use another carrier and the only other carrier here is Verizon. I bought their 4G LTE flagship smartphone and the salesman told me in your area there is no 4G but it is scheduled in your area in about two or 3 months and you will already have your phone. They lied! Every month I would call and every month I was told be patient give us another 30 to 60 days. People, I was patient and a team player for 2 years and I never got a 4G signal in Naples Texas in my home. That is not exactly accurate, I did receive a 4G LTE signal on the last day of my 2 year contract. Since I am disabled and home based, I am a heavy data user and Verizon saw that on my 3G usage, so is it a coincidence that I did not receive 4G LTE until my last day of the contract!? In my opinion they kept me from getting the signal until the last day of the contract. And if I had had 4G would they have Throttled my bandwidth .Verizon no longer offers unlimited data just Sprint in my area as it is only Sprint and Verizon. It was the reason I also wanted to change to Sprint. How do corporations get away with what they do, this illegal behavior and activities? How does Wall Street get away with what they did bankrupting the global community. Have you ever noticed have you ever thought about what they told you, the common person when it comes to investing your money? You should invest it for the long term. What do they do? They buy and sell from one moment to the next and in some cases millioneths of a second. They keep you stupid. I took an online course on how to invest and the terminology and the methods are so confusing . Deliberately I believe so that a common person without a business degree or advanced education is left sitting on the curb, your only choice you must trust Wall Street to do the right thing with your Money. They broke the law they committed fraud, assembly line forms being signed with signatures that did not belong to the people signing the documents that is against the law, however you think about this, has there been one person charged with a crime has anyone gone to jail? This corporate greed and illegal behavior and activities needs a people driven revolution to stop it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332