Need help learning how to use the lock screen

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand exactly how the lockscreen works. Is there a video that teaches you how to do it? Like just answering a text seems like a two step process. Any help with this would be awesome!

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand exactly how the lockscreen works. Is there a video that teaches you how to do it? Like just answering a text seems like a two step process. Any help with this would be awesome!

Can you be more specific? What problem are you having? Once you lock the screen you can't do anything until you unlock it

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This is not true you can add items on the lock screen that you scroll to the right and left you can also respond to a text but I have problems opening straight to text since I dont know the correct gesture to open it. The old lock screen (s3) you just clicked on the text and you where sent to text this seems like a two step process I am not 100 percent clear on.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I too would like the answer to how to open texts from the lock screen. I'm just winging it and sometimes I can get it to unlock into the text thread and other times I can't even get the lock screeen to unlock until I cycle the power button to bring up the "default home" lock screen.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how to enable adding widgets on the lock screen. The 'favorite apps or camera' option is grayed out. And on the lock screen long pressing does nothing. Help!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
If you get a text and it shows a small rectangular box showing who sent the message and a few of the words from the text, you simply touch that box and then a larger sort of grey box appears on the bottom of the screen. Place your finger on that box and swipe across. It will bring you directly to the text message.

As for adding programs on the lock screen- open your lock screen and place your finger on the far top left of the screen and swipe to the right. You will see a plus(+) button. Hit that button and it will give you a list of apps/widgets you can load onto theses screens to be able to use without unlocking your phone. It is a little tricky and if you swipe to the left from the lock screen it will take you right to the camera.

I don't find these app/widgets as useful on TouchWiz as I did on other ROMS I have used with my last phone.

Good Luck!

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You have to activate multi widgets in the lock screen settings before being able to add anything there.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress