Can anyone...

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know how to set up there phone to vibrate when u get a text message. i have it on vibrate and it doesn't vibrate on texts only on calls. what setting is needed, thanks for the help.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any lock ups on there xprt? I had the phone for 2 weeks and I had experienced 2 lock ups. 1 while playing a game and other when receiving a text. The phone didn't reboot it just froze nothing worked, not even powering it down. I had to remove the battery to get it back. Maybe I shoudnt complain coming from a BB which I did constant battery pulls

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any lock ups on there xprt? I had the phone for 2 weeks and I had experienced 2 lock ups. 1 while playing a game and other when receiving a text. The phone didn't reboot it just froze nothing worked, not even powering it down. I had to remove the battery to get it back. Maybe I shoudnt complain coming from a BB which I did constant battery pulls

I have mine set to vibrate "only when not in silent mode" and I get a vibration with every text, email, phone call, etc...

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
ok phone locked up on me again and it rebooted itself, and this was just on a text message i received... should i worry about this? should i bring it to Sprint and see if they will give me a replacement?

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
ok phone locked up on me again and it rebooted itself, and this was just on a text message i received... should i worry about this? should i bring it to Sprint and see if they will give me a replacement?

I have only had a problem with my XPRT rebooting once is the two weeks I've had it. And that was while playing TurboFly 3d, which also did the same thing to my Epic occasionally so I know its the game and not the phone.

I don't know what apps you have running on your phone, but I would check those first. If it is still a problem, then definitely take it in, maybe they know something we don't. (though I doubt it...lol)

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have only had a problem with my XPRT rebooting once is the two weeks I've had it. And that was while playing TurboFly 3d, which also did the same thing to my Epic occasionally so I know its the game and not the phone.

I don't know what apps you have running on your phone, but I would check those first. If it is still a problem, then definitely take it in, maybe they know something we don't. (though I doubt it...lol)

i have about 10 apps, but nothing crazy, compass,picsay,weatherbug,dictionary, color note, bloomberg. bank of america, poynt. then what ever apps come with the phone. google maps, G books, you tube, and 2 games, angry birds and fishNgo..

It locked up on me once playing the fish game once running google maps and the rest of the times it locked up when checking a received text. i would get it and then i would slide to unlock screen and it would freeze right there. few times it locked up where nothing worked not even powering it down other times it reboot itself.

i really dont mess with the apps. and i have only my apps and some media stuff set on the task manager set to auto end.

i decided to take it in. yours only locked up once while plaing a game with the last 2 weeks , this has been happening to me at least once a day.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple of lock ups as well, I am getting worried and even thought about moving to another phone. I am still within the 30 days to do so. It usually happens after recording videos, or using certain apps. We were out of town and the Navigtation app seemed choppy, then I tried to close it to re-launch and the phone became sluggish, choppy, then unresponsive.

Tried to power it down but noting would happen, finally the screen dimmed and I just removed the battery and powered back up. This kind of thing has happened twice. Very disappointing since phone has been excellent otherwise.

Pros:
size
battery life
Charges faster than my Epic, similar to the Iphone
on-phone keyboard (non-slider)
good video and pictures
decent screen

Cons;
auto reboots
locks and performance hits when using certain apps which could be due to phone design or OS issues.

Oh well, this could have been the one...

Hey dwaynewilliams, looks like this phone may not be as awesome after all :( Maybe I should go Nexus S :) ...nah

Last edited:

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
well im on second phone and this one seems to run ok, no locks up as of yet, for those who use the task manager auto end feature Sprint CS at my store recommends not using the auto end feature, manually end programs you use by pressing the back button. and if you do use the task manager manually end it from there too.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
well im on second phone and this one seems to run ok, no locks up as of yet, for those who use the task manager auto end feature Sprint CS at my store recommends not using the auto end feature, manually end programs you use by pressing the back button. and if you do use the task manager manually end it from there too.

Cheech, what do you think of the XPRT so far? I have not had it reboot on me again but twice it has seen some laggy, unresponsive, choppy lockups like you experienced. Was thinking about moving to the EVO 4G since it has been out a while and hopefully had most of its bugs ironed out.

The only thing is that battery life on this baby is awesome, the EVO still has problems with that since it also has a smaller battery I take it? I may just stick it out, I really like this phone alot, probably going to visit the Sprint store later today and make a decision on it.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Cheech, what do you think of the XPRT so far? I have not had it reboot on me again but twice it has seen some laggy, unresponsive, choppy lockups like you experienced. Was thinking about moving to the EVO 4G since it has been out a while and hopefully had most of its bugs ironed out.

The only thing is that battery life on this baby is awesome, the EVO still has problems with that since it also has a smaller battery I take it? I may just stick it out, I really like this phone alot, probably going to visit the Sprint store later today and make a decision on it.

i think the phone is awesome, mine didnt really lag, both phones were pretty snappy . only laggy thing i guess could have been the scrolling, it could have been smoother, but switching menu's and going in and out of programs was quick. talking to Sprint CS and store the vibe on the phone is no one is bringing it back for problems and the batttery is indeed great. i had it off the charger at 9 am yesterday and at 2 am this morning is was still at 60% thats 40 % used in 15 hours not bad at all, and im texting talking and messing with the phone all day listening to music, videos, even a half a episode of NCIS. I really like the phone so when i heard all these good things about it and mine was locking up i thought something had to be wrong.

try a few things before bringing it back.. on the auto end feature leave out anything involving phone or google out, only run the apps you install, or better yet dont put anything on the auto end. next uninstall 1 program at a time and see if the phone still locks up. if it does then reinstall and unistall a different program till you find the colprit, im pretty sure the locking and freezing is caused by either those 2 things the task manage and or the apps.

as far as your EVO question my brother has it, sure its nice has a big screen and it has some coolness to it.. but i cant stand the battery life and i need a keyboard, plus they both run the same OS so there really not much different.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Cheech, this phone defintely is a good phone, the phone portal Motorola put on there is awesome too.

I just got to play with an EVO and it seems pretty nice, just that the battery thing is the hold up. We will see what happens.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It is indeed a sexy beast, that is no lie. Very, very tempting :)

Just came from the Nexus S 4G and I can tell you that Google dropped the ball on this Nexus... it cannot keep a data signal locked for more than 2 minutes. Even with wifi, and 4G its horrible, just look up the forum for this phone and you will see how many people are having these issues.

I am currently using the Epic while i wait for the XPRT through the mail , and i can tell you that the Epic blows the Nexus away-battery life is worse on the Epic but at least it works as a phone unlike the Nexus S .

Altos

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually sold my Epic to pay for my XPRT. Nothing against the Epic, but I hated the size, bulk, and sliding keyboard. Plus there isn't going to be 4g in my area until 2012 so no big deal on that.

The XPRT may not be for everyone,, but I like it better than any smart phone I have ever used on the Sprint Network,,, (Which is basically all of them, since my brother owns 3 Authorized Sprint stores in Birmingham....lol)

How sturdy is the phone? My wife is currently using my old Epic, and she doesn't like the bulk either, but loved her Blackberry. Of course, she also loves all the Android apps and games. I'm considering getting this for her, but if it's thin or "wobbly" I don't know that it will survive.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
How sturdy is the phone? My wife is currently using my old Epic, and she doesn't like the bulk either, but loved her Blackberry. Of course, she also loves all the Android apps and games. I'm considering getting this for her, but if it's thin or "wobbly" I don't know that it will survive.

the phone is a brick solid. no squeaks or anything. i LOVE the feel of the phone does not feel cheap at all either.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Cheech... This phone is rock solid and is built almost Nextel-like. It is the main reason I am using it and not the Replenish.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
can any one please tell me how to use the vibrate feature on this phone. i cant for the life of me figure out how to get my texts messages to vibrate. i have tried every setting i think and nothing works. it either rings with sound or stays quite.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
can any one please tell me how to use the vibrate feature on this phone. i cant for the life of me figure out how to get my texts messages to vibrate. i have tried every setting i think and nothing works. it either rings with sound or stays quite.

Download "vibrate tools" from the market... its free, and it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez