Renewing contract at Sprint

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
Hey guys I've been doing a lot of traveling due to my new job and haven't had time to shop for new phones when I renew my plan in Oct for Sprint. I currently have two HTC Heroes one Moto Razor and 1 BB Bold. I'm looking to get 2 Galaxy S2's, 1 Evo3D(or iPhone if it's out by the time I buy) and 1 EvoShift. Honestly I don't know the difference between buying through Sprint or buying through a 3rd party like Best Buy. I'm looking to spend as less money as possible to get the phones. I was wondering if anyone in the community knows where I can get these phones for less? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I've been doing a lot of traveling due to my new job and haven't had time to shop for new phones when I renew my plan in Oct for Sprint. I currently have two HTC Heroes one Moto Razor and 1 BB Bold. I'm looking to get 2 Galaxy S2's, 1 Evo3D(or iPhone if it's out by the time I buy) and 1 EvoShift. Honestly I don't know the difference between buying through Sprint or buying through a 3rd party like Best Buy. I'm looking to spend as less money as possible to get the phones. I was wondering if anyone in the community knows where I can get these phones for less? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

If you want to go onto a physical store, Best Buy and Radio Shack may be your best bet as far as pricing goes. If you wanted to look online, Wirefly, Amazon Wireless, and LetsTalk have good deals and are probably the cheapest. The only drawback is that returning the phone if there are issues can be problematic and they add extra fees if you terminate your contract. I'm surprised you still want to stay with Sprint due to the bad press they have gotten lately. The company seems to be in a bit of turmoil.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The nice thing about shopping at Best Buy or Radio Shack is that they deal with the rebates and pass the savings on to you instantly. Plus, if you’re a Best Buy Reward Zone member, you get the points.

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
I've noticed that the phones online are sometimes a bit cheaper than at stores like Radioshack and Best Buy. Online I can get an Evo 3D for $100 where at Best Buy or Radioshack. I do like the white Evo 3d though. I've been with Sprint for a 2 years and I really like it. I haven't seen too much bad press, especially for what I use my phones for. So you guys strongly discourage from buying from letstalk, newegg, amazon, or wirefly?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got mine directly from Sprint. My E3D is fine. I did sign a new contract but they had to mail me my phone. I have never gotten a phone from Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Coming from friends and things I have been reading online. Stay away from Radio Shack and I also hear Best Buy is decent to deal with. Take it with a grain of salt as I have not used any of the 2 for phone service.

cajunlibra

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about Amazon Wireless. THey are offering the Sprint Epic 4G Touch for $149 compared to $199 directly from Sprint.

Has anyone bought a phone through Amazon? I don't want it to mess up anything on my account. I am the account holder and I have a shared plan with 4 other numbers.

k1dude

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife's Epic 4g Touch (Samsung Galaxy S2) at my local Target store over the holidays for $99. Sprint wouldn't touch that price. It all went smoothly and I have no complaints. In fact, I was so pleased with Target I bought a Photon 4g for myself (I needed a worldphone) for $49. I don't know if they are still offering those prices. But with CES going on in Vegas, depending on what gets unveiled, the current crop of phones might soon be discounted.

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

My advice to you would be to revisit this in OCT when your going to make your move.

Phone's today, won't be phones in OCT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38