What do I need to do to get an off contract 32gb Nexus 5 working on Sprint?

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new phone right now and I was considering between a Lg G2 and a Nexus 5. I need more than 16 gb of storage so the only option for me with the Nexus 5 is to get it off contract through the Playstore (vs getting the G2 for free on contract) I've seen some reports of people actually having trouble getting the 32gb version working on Sprint though.

Can anyone explain to me what I need to do exactly o get an off-contract 32gb Nexus 5 working on Sprint? It's kind of a lot of money to drop on an off contract phone if I'm going to have problems setting it up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
We know Sprint can activate them and get them working.

I do know for just for a heads up you can't get TEP (insurance) through Sprint since its not carried/sold by Sprint directly. Sprint will only insure the 16 gb version.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd find a Sprint store and ask if they have activated one before. If they haven't, try to find one that has (if possible). It's not an everyday operation for most employees, so I can't blame them for not being familiar.

Posted via Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked 32GB Nexus 5 purchased from Google. I picked up a free SIM card from my local Sprint corporate store. I was told at the Sprint corporate store that I would have to call Sprint on-line to activate. When I received my Nexus 5, I inserted the SIM and called Sprint on-line and activated. You should have no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's good to know it can be that simple. With Sprint and AT&T's new no contract plans we can finally go between carriers like the rest of the world (well, almost).

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch