Sprint's new international roaming plan offers unlimited 2G data for no extra charge.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I like T-Mobile's coverage better and they offer unlimited international data (in theory at 2G, but I've been to Mexico and have been on 3G without issues, I'll see when I go to China), but for the price tag of 'free', who can complain, right?

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I bet you would have faster international speed instead of what you get here.

Posted via the Android Central App

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Another desperate attempt by #4 .....sprint is a sinking ship- "sprint away" as fast as u can. And yes tmobile is far superior to sprint

T mobile sucks in my area. Never would choose them over Sprint

cdahncke

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I like T-Mobile's coverage better and they offer unlimited international data (in theory at 2G, but I've been to Mexico and have been on 3G without issues, I'll see when I go to China), but for the price tag of 'free', who can complain, right?

I've used TMOBILE in MX and while in Africa. In Mexico, it was rock solid. In Africa, it was quirky and I needed to bounce the device daily... sometime manually selecting a network, but with it being free I wasn't complaining. Speeds are slow, but throttled by software or something because I always had a 3g connection.

Eager to try Sprint. I hope it works as well and that Sprint expands the partner countries.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've used it in Mexico and most cities are 3G speeds (they use Movistar's network, unfortunately, so that means not a whole lot of coverage in less popular areas in Mexico). In Mainland China speeds were 2G, but still usable... but you get censored by the Great Firewall. Hong Kong I was able to get stable 3G speeds.

Like you say, being free you really can't complain haha. But I can tell you, having that as an option really makes a difference. It can save you from getting lost, translating things on the go... pretty nifty. All without emptying your bank account.

brbloom

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I took my Moto x to Europe and with some effort got voice and text going. Data was another story. Spent a week on chat and email, each time with a new person going through the same rote process with the same result, no data service. In desperation bought a months international service on wife's AT&T. Up and going in minutes hassle free. A day later I discover a switch in settings, data usage for mobile data on/off that all the sprint help people didn't know about. It does list 3G on the antenna bars, but they assure me it doesn't matter, only indicates what's available and I won't be charged for 3G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa