Talk and data at the same time?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I was correct?
Ummmm... I think we all know the answer to that. For people who say they don't need volte? I use this feature at least handful of times a day everyday. Either with waze while driving to and from work or while I am surfing the net taking phone calls from family, friends, work, appointments without skipping a beat. I just hope Sprint will implement this feature soon for Sprint customers.
After all you are paying your hard earned cash every month you deserve it.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ummmm... I think we all know the answer to that. For people who say they don't need volte? I use this feature at least handful of times a day everyday. Either with waze while driving to and from work or while I am surfing the net taking phone calls from family, friends, work, appointments without skipping a beat. I just hope Sprint will implement this feature soon for Sprint customers.
After all you are paying your hard earned cash every month you deserve it.

I really do hope within at least the end of 2017 they will have started the process of implementing VoLTE into their network. I really enjoy the service I get with them, but I really struggle with not getting to use Voice & Data at the same time.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I really do hope within at least the end of 2017 they will have started the process of implementing VoLTE into their network. I really enjoy the service I get with them, but I really struggle with not getting to use Voice & Data at the same time.
2020. Densification first.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Why is making such a big deal about this. If you want to check something online get off the phone. I know it's slightly inconvenient but honestly how many times is it that you really need to do this. Just saying Verizon for example up till they got this whole Vault thing their phones never ever did it. I went years was having Verizon without ever even noticing it so it's really not a big deal. Verizon is the largest phone company in the United States and has been for years and they have done this without having this feature so you all should just probably stop complaining though. Y'all just trying to find some reason to hate Sprint even though they've been doing what Verizon doing for Years. Anyway I do come into T-Mobile and AT&T for having this feature and the ability to have more than 3 people on the line for conference calls they can do 8 to 10 or more period CDMA just has its limitations but it also has its advantages to where it does not drop causes off in between towers and ca9
n hold onto it a signal at least four calls and texts much longer than its GSM counterpart.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
but it also has its advantages to where it does not drop causes off in between towers and ca9
n hold onto it a signal at least four calls and texts much longer than its GSM counterpart.
CDMA does not have better sms capabilities than GSM.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why is making such a big deal about this. If you want to check something online get off the phone. I know it's slightly inconvenient but honestly how many times is it that you really need to do this. Just saying Verizon for example up till they got this whole Vault thing their phones never ever did it. I went years was having Verizon without ever even noticing it so it's really not a big deal. Verizon is the largest phone company in the United States and has been for years and they have done this without having this feature so you all should just probably stop complaining though. Y'all just trying to find some reason to hate Sprint even though they've been doing what Verizon doing for Years. Anyway I do come into T-Mobile and AT&T for having this feature and the ability to have more than 3 people on the line for conference calls they can do 8 to 10 or more period CDMA just has its limitations but it also has its advantages to where it does not drop causes off in between towers and ca9
I believe they're making a big deal about it since every other major carrier can do it.

How is getting off the phone more convenient? So instead of me checking reservations while talking with a friend I have to hang up.. find out.. call back.. discuss.. possibly hang up again for more details.. then call back? Sorry.. no.

Edit - oh Verizon fixed it. I get LTE on the phone due to VoLTE .. so no Verizon fixed it.. just like Sprint should.

Last edited:

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe they're making a big deal about it since every other major carrier can do it.

How is getting off the phone more convenient? So instead of me checking reservations while talking with a friend I have to hang up.. find out.. call back.. discuss.. possibly hang up again for more details.. then call back? Sorry.. no.
Or if you're using navigation and an important call comes in.... Better not answer.

So many situations with similar implications.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Example below of me calling Walgreens Helpline for medicine... As you can see LTE while on the phone call (via Verizon Wireless).

Screenshot_20170323-124638.png
Screenshot_20170323-124645.png

Last edited:

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hey I never said it's convenient all I've said is Verizon seem to think it wasn't necessary for years and it didn't hurt their business one degree. Yeah it would be super nice to have it and I can understand why people who are used to having it would be upset about not having it but as I've said Verizon never had it before voice over LTE and they still had more customers than anyone else so obviously it's not a huge deal for most people or at least something they can live without but yes it would be really nice to have for sure without a doubt

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey I never said it's convenient all I've said is Verizon seem to think it wasn't necessary for years and it didn't hurt their business one degree. Yeah it would be super nice to have it and I can understand why people who are used to having it would be upset about not having it but as I've said Verizon never had it before voice over LTE and they still had more customers than anyone else so obviously it's not a huge deal for most people or at least something they can live without but yes it would be really nice to have for sure without a doubt
Actually they did have it before VoLTE by putting two radios in the phone.. one for voice and one for data. Look at the Note 4 it was like this. They took away the dual radios due to VoLTE coming out.

Sprint was in the same boat.. they did two radios so you could have LTE and voice .. but then took it away like Verizon.. the only issue is they took it away when Verizon did but still have yet to roll out VoLTE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Found the phone I had didn't. So why can't Sprint do the same thing that seems to be the easiest and best solution

Sprint can do the same thing and simply get VoLTE going. They're the last carrier to do it and seem to be dragging their feet (hence why people being upset and talking about it here).

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I just think voice over LTE is silly and not necessary and people are just whining because they don't have their used to does my phone make phone calls yes it does does it get there yes it does doesn't text yes it does. So the phone works and works quite well voice over LTE with a nightmare when Verizon first had it people dropped calls all the time and they were really upset so that problem would only be worse on Sprint. Also I bet you it cost the carrier a lot of money so why spend money just to make your customers feel like they have a fancy feature give them something that works I don't care if it's fancy or not just make sure it works and works reliably which Sprint does period also and my dad were congestion on the LTE network I think boys over LTE is overrated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty