Sprint TEP... have some questions....

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well i dont have my evo anymore, but i had it replaced twice, one in the 30 day period and another due to it over heating and rebooting constantly.

i recently got a epic 4g (used, craigslist, 65 dollars), i have it rooted and the sprint TEP is still on my account.

the phone has the "oreo effect" to it, the top screen piece feels loose and tippy when its closed.

when its open its solid.

i looked online and there is no real way to tighten the hinges.

can i take the phone in to get tightened or swapped out with it being rooted?
i heard i can but i was wondering, since im paying for the insurance and its nothing software related.

thanks

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Long story short...it depends.

There is no official policy for covering/not covering rooted phones. Each case is treated separately. Also they may not replace your phone for just a loose hinge. Most slider hinges eventually get to a point where they're not as tight as they were when new. It's kind of a normal thing.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Most repair stores won't fix a rooted phone. They are not supposed to because it voids the warranty. Unroot it and take it in. Then root it again when you get it back.

Matt.ny.tech

Sep 7, 2010
www.yodouche.com
As an ASC tech with SOME common sense...

Having rooted your phone should have no bearing what so ever on your tech's decision to repair your device.

I cant say this enough... Find your closest "Indirect / Co-Branded" Authorized Service Center and make nice with the tech. Privately owned service centers do not have Sprint's money (for the most part) to back them and they need YOUR money to survive. That means there motivated to repair your phone and will look past the root.

As a tech, I NEED to repair your device to make my store money which in turn makes my bonus...

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not software related, it's the hinges itself.
Besides I'm paying for this insurance.

This is different then a 30 day swap.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
65 dollars!? Id like to know how you got an epic for 65 bucks :p

Lol craigslist!
It was for sale under the name "galaxy pro"

It only came with phone and usb.

It was locked as well, but the esn was clean so I jumped.

The pics he showed were epic pics.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
As an ASC tech with SOME common sense...

Having rooted your phone should have no bearing what so ever on your tech's decision to repair your device.

I cant say this enough... Find your closest "Indirect / Co-Branded" Authorized Service Center and make nice with the tech. Privately owned service centers do not have Sprint's money (for the most part) to back them and they need YOUR money to survive. That means there motivated to repair your phone and will look past the root.

As a tech, I NEED to repair your device to make my store money which in turn makes my bonus...

Too bad you weren't here, id give you all my business!

Thanks for the info.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Long story short...it depends.

There is no official policy for covering/not covering rooted phones. Each case is treated separately.

Sprint did release an official stance on this on April 4th (think that was the date). It's in Sprint's internal system Methods and Procedures. Stores are to proceed with repairs like normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames