ICS Questions

SalmonHatt

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
So far loving the update. But is there any way to alter the appearance of the color scheme or text messaging system?

Sent from my MB865 using Android Central Forums

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No. Android is known for customization but it is still pretty limited. You'll have to download customizable apps (ie. GoSMS) which I DO NOT recommend.

Unfortunately it's something the carrier and manufacturer still control. Hopefully in the near future it will be something the consumer controls. "You bought it so you control it" kinda thing.

Sent from a stock Atrix 2 cause there's no reason to root it. :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No. Android is known for customization but it is still pretty limited. You'll have to download customizable apps (ie. GoSMS) which I DO NOT recommend.

Unfortunately it's something the carrier and manufacturer still control. Hopefully in the near future it will be something the consumer controls. "You bought it so you control it" kinda thing.

Why don't u recommended it? I have it and love it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
GOSMS is annoying and it really doesn't play well with your ram if you have tons of messages. Not good for phones with 1gb of ram or less.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
GOSMS is annoying and it really doesn't play well with your ram if you have tons of messages. Not good for phones with 1gb of ram or less.

I've never had a problem. But I delete my messages every 2 weeks. But I have 1.5 I think.

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have to save all my messages for work records. My boss tells me when I can delete them.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to save all my messages for work records. My boss tells me when I can delete them.

Ick. Does He pay ur bill? Or do u have a separate phone for work? If not, u need to get one. My job tried telling me I was gonna have to use my phone to call insurance companies from my cell n I said uh, no I'm not. U guys can provide me with a cell phone. They didnt pay my bill n I wasn't gonna use mg personal phone for work related business.

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It's work and personal. I just switch out the sim card when I go to work. My boss pays both my bills.