is a screen digitizer the same as a replacement glass?

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I shattered my gorilla glass and was wondering if it was. EBay only has screen digitizers and didn't know if it were the same. Average price is 30 and seems fairly cheap. That's why I'm asking

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
oh geeze, that's terrible...

if the price of the glass seems too good to be true, it's not gorilla glass and its polish/tempering.

how did you shatter it, if i might ask?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't copy a link bc I am on my phone, but I am pretty sure someone found them and put the link on XDA. Was $60ish.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The digitizer is not the glass, it's the hardware that's attached to the glass that allows your phone to read touch input.

You should research and find out if it's possible to replace only the glass. Sometimes the digitizer is glued to the glass and they must be installed as one piece. Don't use the fact that they are sold separately as an indactor that they can be installed separately. The iPhone 4 glass is sold all day long online (scams), despite it requiring the glass-digitizer assembly to be installed as a single unit.

Sent from my Nexus S

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone fell out of my lap and screen landed flush on concrete. It was only a 2 foot fall, but it shattered lile it had been shot. from what I'm told gorilla glass is gorilla in scratch resistance only.

I don't know what glass is on my n1 but to be honest its been through hell and looked better scratch wise after a year than my Atrix after 3 months.