Moto Atrix: What Do You Think?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I saw this phone and the first word that popped into my mouth was wow. This phone looks awesome. I actually contemplated going back to AT&T. This phone looks like a great phone. I REALLY like the fingerprint reader! I might talk someone into getting this phone so I can play with it. This is actually amazing, because I have never liked the looks, design, or specs of a Motorola phone till now! Wow Motorola, you have actually amazed me! What do you guys think about this phone. I think it's about time AT&T gets a GOOD Android device!

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely worth taking a look at when it comes out. I love the size of my Aria, but all that power and the laptop dock are very tempting for a techie...

chadderbox

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely will be worth a look when it gets released. Specs sound good. I love the battery cap, but just wish it had a higher res camera.

vinniecaleb

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a captivate, and love it after applying cognition. Waiting for any updates from att and samsung was a joke. Maybe the phone coming from motorola will end the update issue, as all my droid owning buddies that have motorola phones seem to get updates regularly. Of course they are with verizon too. This may be the answer for att customers to get an awesome droid phone, AND regular updates.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok here are my thoughts. The phone is awesome. The docks are killer. Motoblur? Not so much. And given Motorola's history it won't be easy to root.

The reason I won't get it? AT&T. Not having unlimited data (or even a 5gb option) is an absolute deal breaker for me. Especially since this phone has all those docks that will help you suck up data.

Do I like the phone? Yes I do, a lot actually. But unfortunately it's hindered by a carrier that has low data caps. :(

If I was already on AT&T and had the unlimited data plan grandfathered I'd jump all over this phone in a heartbeat.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok here are my thoughts. The phone is awesome. The docks are killer. Motoblur? Not so much. And given Motorola's history it won't be easy to root.

The reason I won't get it? AT&T. Not having unlimited data (or even a 5gb option) is an absolute deal breaker for me. Especially since this phone has all those docks that will help you suck up data.

Do I like the phone? Yes I do, a lot actually. But unfortunately it's hindered by a carrier that has low data caps. :(

If I was already on AT&T and had the unlimited data plan grandfathered I'd jump all over this phone in a heartbeat.

So what your saying, since i do have the unlimited grandfathered i should jump on it like white on rice? lol. I love this phone i almost had a nerdgasm. I would of if it had that 8mp camera that the bionic for verizon has.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on getting this, as long as it can be had for $200 or less on a 2-year contract.

I'm happy to see Android finally getting some respect from AT&T (don't get me started on the Craptivate...).

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This looks like an awsome phone. If it was available for sprint, i might consider upgrading to this phone in the future. but since it is not, oh well. Good for AT&T to get this though

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks great. I bet it will be overshadowed in 6 months though.

Wow really? We all know that. Every phone especially now will be over shadowed with in half a year. But this phone looks killer especially for those of us on AT&T who lack choices on android. Besides unless I'm mistaken this is the most powerful android phone announced that's coming to the US. At least for now.

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Iv been a loyal ATT user with my blackberry but it looks like the wait has paid off. I however will not be loyal to Blackberry much longer once the reviews and what not come out for the Atrix.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So what your saying, since i do have the unlimited grandfathered i should jump on it like white on rice? lol. I love this phone i almost had a nerdgasm. I would of if it had that 8mp camera that the bionic for verizon has.

That's exactly what I'm saying. And 5 or 8 mp won't make a difference. Still capable of high def video.

I went from 8 to 5 and don't notice a difference.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
the citrix portion of the nettop app really, really makes this an attractive enterprise solution and one that i would personally love to own.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I really like this phone and the netbook accessory is great but I'm held back because of the low data limit and the full blur being on this but blur shouldn't be an issue with 1gb of ram this thing will fly and should run everything thrown at it without breaking a sweat

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't be bitter because our phone didn't last 6 months before being one upped. :p

Sent from my myTouch 4G
I'm not bitter at all. I can easily get any of these phones that come out. The problem is that the hardware advances so fast that the software can't even catch up, and the phones aren't even out for very long. Once Tegra 2 is about 3 months old HTC and Samsung will come out with a dual core 1.2/1.5Ghz processor and new screen technology. It's crazy. Next year we will be hitting quad cores in phones.

spectre51

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Think I found the phone to use my upgrade on. Wish the screen size was a little bigger (spoiled by my streak) but other than that this phone is a must for me.

Sent from my Dell Streak

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Did AT&T or Motorola announce availability/pricing? With the amount of Tegra2 devices announced at CES, it may lose its "most powerful smartphone" bragging rights very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa