What do you plan on using your $50 reservation credit for?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Since it can't be used towards the phone, will you look at cases? A smart watch? Charger? Earbuds?

I think I'll probably go earbuds unless there's an amazing tablet deal for the s9. Today they are offering $75 trade in for my buds live but not sure if I can combine them.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I already have a pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds and the Jabra Elite 10. I also have the GW6 Classic.

I'll try to check out any cases Samsung has on the Shop app but I usually feel like I'm getting hosed on the preorders. Samsung wants to almost force you to use the credit for things I don't want or need. Then when I go back and try to use it they're sold out of that item forever.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't need buds unless I get them and sell them or get a watch and sell it. Theirs never any accessories we really want or need. Last year I got latest buds never sold them and hubby lost one of his so I gave them to him.

Reactions: mlblack16

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't need buds unless I get them and sell them or get a watch and sell it. Theirs never any accessories we really want or need. Last year I got latest buds never sold them and hubby lost one of his so I gave them to him.
Yeah I'll have to check out this Swappa thing. I find selling stuff to be a major PITA and trying the Facebook marketplace or similar often isn't worth the cost people are trying to offer you.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The wording of the promo in the UK suggests we can use it against the phone, and will also get a case and screen protector and can claim a watch 6. I'm not looking forward to claiming and selling the watch cuz it's a pain as said above.... but it also seems silly not to bother.

For the Americans, I think it's impossible to say what to use the credit on before the announcement. If the Qi2 rumours are true, it would make sense that they will have a slew of Qi2 compatible accessories as well.

There's also the ring rumours, but I don't see that happening as they seem to have dried up.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing, just like every year I never get the link sent to me and the $50 promo code a Samsung.com chat agent gave me didn't work, of course.

Reactions: pags11

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I usually get an email from Samsung with a link for the reservation credit, but it's always a day or two after the launch.

NikkieKoalaAd

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Anything I wanted was sold out . It took several hours to check out. The website and app hanging. By the time I did get to checkout 3 of the 4 items were out.

EazyD33

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Nothing, just like every year I never get the link sent to me and the $50 promo code a Samsung.com chat agent gave me didn't work, of course.
If you haven't ordered yet, maybe try ordering through the link in the sticky here at the top of the forum.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the $50 credit email today so now I have $150 to spend but everything worthwhile is out of stock. I think I'm going to hold off for a little while to see if things come back in stock. Most of the things that are in stock I already have and I don't need new tablets. lol

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Combined $50+$100 to get Galaxy Watch 6 for $80
Did the same, but mine came to $69. Galaxy Watch 6 44mm. Will try to sell on Swappa. Did the same last year, but Watch 5 was only $25 last year. Probably will not recover $150 completely, but expect about $120 back.

Reactions: jlangner