Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default TV Commercial Already

I saw a Motorola Atrix commercial on TV today, not ATT but Motorola. I know there were rumors about a March 1st launch but if the launch is another month and a half away why start now?

Maybe the launch is sooner than we all think. Let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post
    I saw a Motorola Atrix commercial on TV today, not ATT but Motorola. I know there were rumors about a March 1st launch but if the launch is another month and a half away why start now?

Maybe the launch is sooner than we all think. Let's hope!
    Has to be early February. I mean iPhone isn't even advertising quite yet for a february launch for Verizon

I mean it just doesnt make much sense to me

Global Posts
    2,419 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

I wonder if the March 1 date that has been shown in pictures is a "last possible target" date, for lack of a better term. In other words, we have to have it out no later than March 1, but if it's ready to go, we're launching earlier. And the commercials and advertising being indicative that they think they will be ready to go sooner than later?
    I don't know, just the opinion of someone who buys phones, not manufactures or disitributes them.

My username is john_v, and I approve this message.

(This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and quality. Inspected by #52)

I agree it seems a little early to be have an ad for phone with a march release date. They might as well start ads for the xoom also. I guess Motorola is trying to capitalize on the good previews/high praise the atrix got at ces.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Runs with scissors View Post
    I wonder if the March 1 date that has been shown in pictures is a "last possible target" date, for lack of a better term. In other words, we have to have it out no later than March 1, but if it's ready to go, we're launching earlier. And the commercials and advertising being indicative that they think they will be ready to go sooner than later?
    I don't know, just the opinion of someone who buys phones, not manufactures or disitributes them.
    Lets hope so. I can imagine waiting another month for this. I have been waiting for this phone since it was called the "Olympus" (a long time), so Im getting antsy.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

I see at least 1 Atrix commercial per playoff game already.... come on AT&T start pouring money too!
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If it makes any difference, I was in a best buy mobile store the other day, and the AT&T rep was briefing the leads and GM about the Atrix and its features. I couldn't see the sheet they were all looking at, but I assume it had other info (like launch dates) as well.

Would the AT&T rep be briefing them if the launch was as far away as March 1st?

ROM
    CM9 Beta

I don't know, maybe they're trying to keep the excitement going- after all, they're expecting to lose millions of customers due to the Verizon iPhone.

Maybe hyping the Atrix 4G is their only hope to minimize the hemorrhaging of customers...

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    If it makes any difference, I was in a best buy mobile store the other day, and the AT&T rep was briefing the leads and GM about the Atrix and its features. I couldn't see the sheet they were all looking at, but I assume it had other info (like launch dates) as well.

Would the AT&T rep be briefing them if the launch was as far away as March 1st?
    Could be. When I worked in Walmart Wireless for a period of time, we would get our Demo guides and Online "Quiz's" on new devices at LEAST 30 days prior to a launch, sometimes longer.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

I'm voting for last week of January or first week of February. The word from the reps showing the phone at CES was 'in the coming weeks.' The commercials rolling are another argument for an earlier than later release and AT&T wanting to misdirect from the VW iPhone launch is another.

But, that all could be me wanting to interpret it all that way. The sooner the better for me.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

I'm leaning more towards the week after the Super Bowl

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree w/ after the super bowl, cause remember the super bowl is a huge ad drawer. A lot of people watch the game just to see the funny commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by jkurl View Post
    I agree w/ after the super bowl, cause remember the super bowl is a huge ad drawer. A lot of people watch the game just to see the funny commercials.
    half the times i watch it just for the commercials. lol. especially when the teams playing arent teams i like. Ill dvr it and fast foward t he game lol.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree with that. Hopefully they release it soon. I would love to get it but I got a few years before I can upgrade.

The thing I find a little strange is that the Ad doesn't really "fit" during the slot they are airing it. I mean, you're watching a play-off game (where I saw it) with some friends, yelling at the refs for cheating, etc., and then the Ad comes on. A teaser Ad like that might be fine, but the average person is not going to run and get their laptop during a football game for a teaser Ad.

Now, if you throw a little more "nerd" speak into that "fasted phone" stuff (every company has the "greatest" phone), I think you have a winner. Give the people something that they will remember after the game.

If you say something like "With a dual-core, 16GB included storage, etc.." the Atrix is the fastest phone ever, they'll go "Wow Dual-Core! I thought only laptops had that, cool, I'll check that out". Just my thoughts.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Now, if you throw a little more "nerd" speak into that "fasted phone" stuff (every company has the "greatest" phone), I think you have a winner. Give the people something that they will remember after the game.

If you say something like "With a dual-core, 16GB included storage, etc.." the Atrix is the fastest phone ever, they'll go "Wow Dual-Core! I thought only laptops had that, cool, I'll check that out". Just my thoughts.
    I agree, Americans are easily "wowed" by large numbers.

Remember the "Droid Does" ads, it needs that kind of flare.

Quote Originally Posted by textiaac View Post
    I agree, Americans are easily "wowed" by large numbers.

Remember the "Droid Does" ads, it needs that kind of flare.
    I don't think that's just Americans. How about during a Manchester Untited game?