Atrix ships at the end of February

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Me too! I went to my store yesterday and asked and the most info they had was that it was supposed to be by the end of the quarter.
I would think if it would have been the 12th they would have said something when they announced the Inspire. I could be wrong though and I hope I am.
I find it interesting since the flubs by Amazon showed the 11th, which would get the customers the phones on the 12th (release day) and this guy said they couldn't order until it was released and would have them next-day. It kinda adds up. I'm hoping Motorola's throw-back Superbowl commercial is the announcement of the launch date.

This guy was pretty convinced.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting since the flubs by Amazon showed the 11th, which would get the customers the phones on the 12th (release day) and this guy said they couldn't order until it was released and would have them next-day. It kinda adds up. I'm hoping Motorola's throw-back Superbowl commercial is the announcement of the launch date.

This guy was pretty convinced.

That makes sense. Maybe the employees at my store were being coy about it. Noticed you're on the Torch right now too. Glad I'm not the only Torch convert here. :D

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. Maybe the employees at my store were being coy about it. Noticed you're on the Torch right now too. Glad I'm not the only Torch convert here. :D

Well, with that monster battery I have hopes it's an all day workhorse like my Torch. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't consider it. Every awesome android phone thus far has had a pathetic battery life.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, with that monster battery I have hopes it's an all day workhorse like my Torch. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't consider it. Every awesome android phone thus far has had a pathetic battery life.

If I can get a day out of it I'll be happy. Anything more would be a bonus.
Former torch guy here as well...currently using a 3gs though :-!

Hated the Torch that bad to go to the old iPhone huh? :)

nemesiz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Guy at the AT&T Platinum store said they were demo'd the phones Monday and AT&T starts selling them the 12th. Said he would have some in their store on the 13th (Feb) and the phone + laptop dock bundle will be $500.

Take it with a grain of salt. I just hope he's right about the 2/12 date.

500!! I thought the phone was gonna be 150 and another 150 for laptop dock?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya. My moment of enlightenment came when I saw the Torch 2 specs. Huge slap in the face realizing I've been beta testing this POS for them. Not to mention paying $200 to do so.

+10000

Got real tired of the slider after awhile...which is weird because I had the HTC mogul on sprint a few years ago and loved the slider. I think it was just a total combination of things, and the thought of "snail's pace" progress made by RIM. I traded the torch for a 3gs in anticipation of moving to the i4 with my upgrade, then they announced the Atrix, and I said, "whoo hoo, that's fer me!"

We've like totally hijacked this thread! :mad::mad:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
+10000

Got real tired of the slider after awhile...which is weird because I had the HTC mogul on sprint a few years ago and loved the slider. I think it was just a total combination of things, and the thought of "snail's pace" progress made by RIM. I traded the torch for a 3gs in anticipation of moving to the i4 with my upgrade, then they announced the Atrix, and I said, "whoo hoo, that's fer me!"

We've like totally hijacked this thread! :mad::mad:

RIM really blew it with the slider feature on the Torch for sure. Wobbly, creaky keys., crappy specs under the hood.
I seem to have that effect on threads. :p

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have that effect on threads. :p

Yeah, no biggie I'm sure. I loved the sense of community I had over Crackberry, am enjoying making new aquaintances here in the Atrix forum.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm hoping to hold an Atrix in my hand this friday night. ATT assistant manager is supposed to have one, as well as info on release and pricing. Now if he'll just share all that with me, I'll get someone to distract him while I run out the door with his phone! :cool:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Guy at the AT&T Platinum store said they were demo'd the phones Monday and AT&T starts selling them the 12th. Said he would have some in their store on the 13th (Feb) and the phone + laptop dock bundle will be $500.

Hopefully theres a $100 rebate to reduce that plus the upgrade discount that they are getting rid of.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't AT&T release phones on Sunday?

AT&T just announced the HTC Inspire 4G will be released on the 13th with no mention of the Atrix.

AT&T to launch HTC Inspire 4G on February 13th; $99.99 | BGR | Boy Genius Report

It seems that the Atrix is the phone they would want to get out ASAP as it will grab the most press and attention away from the Verizon iPhone. The HTC Inspire is a good phone - just not the beast that the Atrix is.

As to the pricing. For $500.00 I would hope the "bundle" would include more than just the laptop dock. I mean - if the phone is $200 on contract - then that means they are going to sell the laptop dock for $300 which seems high to me.

Man I hope AT&T gets something out soon on this phone...the suspense is killing me.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no biggie I'm sure. I loved the sense of community I had over Crackberry, am enjoying making new aquaintances here in the Atrix forum.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm hoping to hold an Atrix in my hand this friday night. ATT assistant manager is supposed to have one, as well as info on release and pricing. Now if he'll just share all that with me, I'll get someone to distract him while I run out the door with his phone! :cool:

That would be great if he could share the information with you - but I am hoping AT&T shares it before Friday.

Since the Inspire is being released on the 13th with no mention of the Atrix - I suspect it will be released the following Sunday. So we still have a while to wait.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they'll have any other accessories besides the laptop dock at launch? I want the desk dock and car dock for sure. I'm a little worried about the price though. I'm allotting around $250 for the phone and the docks. Sounds like I might be coming up short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress