Switching From Evo.. (Maybe)

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So i have an Evo and I am seriously considering an Atrix. Is att really as bad as everyone says it is? is the atrix really that great? Ive never had a motorola phone.. how is the build quality? will i ever get an update with this phone? how bad is motoblur?

TheAspec

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is not that bad. Sure they have a couple issues here and there but it's nothing like some make it out to be. I've been with them for 8 years and very few issues. The Atrix is a solid phone in the limited time I have spent with it. Motoblur is not as bad as some suggest either, at least not in my opinion, I am a first time Moto user though.

Go for it. You get 30 days to decide for yourself.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Motoblur is a downside depending on the kind of user you are. It works, but it's hardly customizable (like other launchers). My issue with it is how it imports Google contacts, but I'm really picky about my contact list.

dominicanyorkjl

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
id say switch, the battery life alone is worth it. I know many who have the evo, and they walk around with their chargers in their pockets, are afraid to even play games or watch a movie bc of their battery.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
lol yea battery life is an issue i dunno ill probably go over to at&t tomorrow and see if they have any units on display., thanks everyone

lDaChOsEnOnEl

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same exact position as you, I just bought an evo a few weeks ago and I have until march 6 to cancel for free. I want the atrix but I definitely am waiting to here what everyone says first. And im also waiting for sprint to release info on there new phone there coming out with but I doubt it anything dual core!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well think of this. If you switch, you can talk the phone and browse the net at the same time lol. Ive been with AT&T for about a year now and I switched from Verizon. Not because of the network, but basically because GSM networks come out with Better phones. Unlike Sprint and Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have sim cards. You can take yours out and swap it in another gsm phone.

And the network is not bad at all. I never had a problem with the network. Calls are clear, Data is quick enough and everything is fine. I think the network issues are a thing of the past with AT&T. Its not crappy like it used to be a LONG time ago. Nowadays, there network is all over. In my areas I have been, I wouldnt say its any better or worse then when I had Verizon. Both were fine for me and performend about the same. Although with AT&T I can do voice and data. No go with Verizon or Sprint as there CDMA carriers.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Definitely, definitely go try it with a new number before you port. As with all carriers, they are all good or all bad depending on where you primarily use your service. I have 2 ATT towers within 2 miles of me but after a year with a 3GS, I went back to Sprint because I need a phone that makes dependable calls (home office). YMMV.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
honestly whats stopping me is just motorola.. i hate motoblur.. but then again ill prolly have go launcher on it anyway