Notification Tones

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android after living with my Blackberry Curve 8310 for a couple of years. Moved on to the Atrix and love it! The Atrix has limited (and boring) notification tones. How do you add notification tones to the Atrix?? :)

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Market > Zedge

or

Zedge.net on your computer download and install to device!

The zedge app is easier to start out with though. Just easier to search on the computer.

Reactions: tigerpierre

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I think a lot of us are BlackBerry Converts :)

Theres an app in the market called Ringtone Maker thats free. If you want to make a ringtone out of your music files. If not, you can download notifications (I personally searched for BlackBerry notifications since Im used to them) and put them on your phone to read as notifications. Plug the Atrix in and let your computer recognize it as external storage. On the drive that comes up go to SDCard/media/audio/notifications and drop the file in there. Then when you change your notifications on the phone, you would see that notification pop up. Hope that helps.

Reactions: tigerpierre

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I think a lot of us are BlackBerry Converts :)

Theres an app in the market called Ringtone Maker thats free. If you want to make a ringtone out of your music files. If not, you can download notifications (I personally searched for BlackBerry notifications since Im used to them) and put them on your phone to read as notifications. Plug the Atrix in and let your computer recognize it as external storage. On the drive that comes up go to SDCard/media/audio/notifications and drop the file in there. Then when you change your notifications on the phone, you would see that notification pop up. Hope that helps.

do you have link to the bberry files?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
...No kidding. That is one thing that was a surprise for me in a negative way switching from Blackberry to Android. Android has only like 10-12 notifications available..! I kept trying to scroll, thinking "Surely there's more than THESE" (most of them sucked, too!)...thank god for custom ringtones and notifications...

Coming from Blackberry, where you have 80 kajillion choices of tones & alarms right off the bat, it's no comparison. But when that's your only negative from switching...that's definitely quite bearable :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress