Help Customizing your Atrix

LC77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking for the best browser for android really looking to customize my phone without rooting it. I am a new user and would like your input any help is appreciated. Also do you recommend the beautiful widgets app? and do you feel an antivrus is necessary?

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD as my browser and love it.

Beautiful widgets is one of the few apps I've laid down money. Very well put together.

I don't use an anti-virus, but I also don't try to download free versions of apps via torrents, open mass forwarded emails and just follow the same common sense rules that I do with my PC. If you find that your computer is prone to viruses due to your surfing/download habits then it's probably not a bad idea to get one for your phone even though the likelyhood of getting one is much much smaller.

Also for customization you might want to check out Multi Picture Live Wallpaper(set a different wallpaper for each home screen) and pick out a home launcher. The big three being Launcher Pro, ADW and Go Launcher. I've tried them all and went with Go Launcher in the end. All three were good, but Go Launcher seemed quicker to me and I liked some of it's options a little better. ADW probably has the most themes though.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i like the stock browser not a fan of dolphin and will be trying the new firefox

i love beautiful widgets and launcherpro is a great way to change the look of the device without rooting there is a full featured free version or to get some extra widgets and a option to resize widgets it costs like 1.99 i think.

i have never used antivirus and dont see a need to i dont browse random malicious sites, dont click links, dont open spam emails, or download random free apps that look unknown

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87