Where is best price?

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I read the $49 thread, but I am not seeing those prices online. I'm a current AT&T Blackberry user with unlimited data and texting. My two year contract is over, so I'm hoping I have some flexibility.

When I go throught he AT&T site for the upgrade my phone option, it lists the pirce as $199. When I go through the Amazon Wireless site and choose upgrade my phone, it lists a $99 price. Both options ask me to select a calling plan and services. I just want to change my phone, not my service.

Its about time to change the trackball on my Blackberry again, so I'm ready to get a new phone, but I'm proceeding carefully since I dont want to screw up my grandfathered data plan.

I need advice...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was a BB user with AT&T and just picked up the Atrix 3 days ago. I shopped and shopped and ended up at Costco. $129 and I made sure they kept my unlimited data plan. Sometimes they skip that feature when moving from the BB platform to any other platform. This was the best deal I could find, while still making exchanging the phone an easy process.

What I liked about getting it at Costco was, 2 week buyer's remorse (complete refund and cancellation of 2 yr contract -no penalties) -and- no $35 restocking fee that AT&T charges. 30 days to replace the phone with any other phone if I decide I don't like the Atrix and 90 days to replace it with a brand new Atrix if mine messes up. AT&T replaces the phone with a used phone, but not Costco. After the 90 days, AT&T takes over along with the manufacturer's one year warranty.

Costco made me feel good about buying from them because I've been stuck with too many bad -used- replacement phones.

I hope this helps.

tlgnome24

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Amazon prices

The Amazon price of $49 is for a new line, if you are upgrading an existing account it's $99 ($129 for people on a family plan). All of which are a great buy over the normal $199.

As of right now Amazon is still showing these prices here. I don't know how long this price drop is going to last but I'm really hoping it goes until next week, I can't upgrade until the 18th and would love to save myself $70! I may also look into Costco's deal as there is one local to me, thanks @tunie for posting about it.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The Amazon price of $49 is for a new line, if you are upgrading an existing account it's $99 ($129 for people on a family plan). All of which are a great buy over the normal $199.

As of right now Amazon is still showing these prices here. I don't know how long this price drop is going to last but I'm really hoping it goes until next week, I can't upgrade until the 18th and would love to save myself $70! I may also look into Costco's deal as there is one local to me, thanks @tunie for posting about it.

Thank you.:) I was remiss:-[ in mentioning that I had an existing family plan, so that put me at $129 for the upgrade. I don't know what the cost is for any other plans. I just liked their service terms along with the price for me, so went for it. Costco's return policy is amazing!

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

But how do I upgrade my phone through Amazon without changing my calling and data plan?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got mine at best buy this past weeknd and got them to match the $49 amazon price (and I am upgrading on a family too). They matched it as long as I bought the $30 buy back program as well, so in all it cost me $80. Buthe good thing is if I didn't like I can rerun within 30 days and no restocking fee, and if I want I can return phone within the next sixmonths and get 50% of its resale value back (around$ 300) and use that to purchase another phone.

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got mine at best buy this past weeknd and got them to match the $49 amazon price (and I am upgrading on a family too). They matched it as long as I bought the $30 buy back program as well, so in all it cost me $80. Buthe good thing is if I didn't like I can rerun within 30 days and no restocking fee, and if I want I can return phone within the next sixmonths and get 50% of its resale value back (around$ 300) and use that to purchase another phone.

But did they make you make changes to your existing calling and data plan?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No. And actually I used a different line to get the upgrade price. The line I upgraded has a razr and no data plan, so the guy went ahead ahead did the upgrade in his system then called at&t to get the data plan off again and the imei switch back, and then told me to put the sim card I want with phone. Really satisied with the service and price.

Frag x 3

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that's eligible to upgrade should double-check with AT&T and see if they're eligible for the VIP-upgade program. Depending on how much money you spend, and how profitable of a customer you are, your main line on the account may qualify for $50 or $100 off the sale price of the phone. If not, shop elsewhere. I just sold my Atrix and WireFly'ed a G2X.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
best buy was at $99. figures that would end right before my contract is up...

and it doesnt look like wirefly carries at&t phones. i dont know why..

gill.batez

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
best buy was at $99. figures that would end right before my contract is up...

and it doesnt look like wirefly carries at&t phones. i dont know why..

I got atrix from bestbuy for 99.99, although their site says its 199.99, they price matched with amazon wireless. This seems to me the best deal yesterday. I was not able to find it for 49.99 anywhere.

gill.batez

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
What did you have to do to get Best Buy to price match Amazon Wireless?

I just called the store and the person said me to visit the store to check if they will match the price, then at store he checked online by trying to order new atrix for me from amazon wireless. then he said they will match the price. Thats all !!!

May 27, 2011
Visit site
But did they make you make changes to your existing calling and data plan?

I just ordered mine off Amazon for $99. Choose any data plan thats on the site. i chose one that was closest in price to my unlimited, ~$45. Once the phone arrives, call AT&T WITHIN 24 HOURS, 1-888-333-6651 and ask they rep to put you back on the grandfathered unlimited plan.

So FYI, my unlimited BB messaging & data was $50, since i'm now on Android, they grandfathered me into a $20 unlimited messaging, and a $30 unlimited data = the same $50.

Also, my voice plan was unlimited AT&T mobile only,...now they upgraded me to an unlimited ANY mobile for the same price.

If you wait more then 24 hours after activation they can still grandfather you back in, it just has to go through a longer approval process, so just save yourself the hassle and call within 24hours of activating the new phone. I kinda miss BB way of doing things, but starting to like Android. Good luck!

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine off Amazon for $99. Choose any data plan thats on the site. i chose one that was closest in price to my unlimited, ~$45. Once the phone arrives, call AT&T WITHIN 24 HOURS, 1-888-333-6651 and ask they rep to put you back on the grandfathered unlimited plan.

So FYI, my unlimited BB messaging & data was $50, since i'm now on Android, they grandfathered me into a $20 unlimited messaging, and a $30 unlimited data = the same $50.

Also, my voice plan was unlimited AT&T mobile only,...now they upgraded me to an unlimited ANY mobile for the same price.

If you wait more then 24 hours after activation they can still grandfather you back in, it just has to go through a longer approval process, so just save yourself the hassle and call within 24hours of activating the new phone. I kinda miss BB way of doing things, but starting to like Android. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I wonder if I can get the same result from AT&T if I buy the phone from Best Buy?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non