unlock slider very glitchy

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experience glitch with the unlock slider? Often times i'll have to re lock the phone and try to re slide it over...any thoughts?

Could it be an app I downloaded? Or a setting?

thanks

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a protective shield or screen on it ? Mine worked flawlessly before, with a cheap screen protector. I now have my phone in an Otterbox Defender case, and the Otterbox's protective screen has made sliding motions on the screen a bit less responsive.

(By blowing one's warm breath on it, it also reveals the phone's unlock pattern...)

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No I don't have one but am planning to get one to protect my screen.

I'm quite sure it happens for a short period of time after I remove it from being locked into my comp via usb. Definitely a software glitch, as the phone is just 3 days old and it cannot be damaged hardware. Never been dropped or anything.

Thanks for your help

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, perhaps it's just a bit sluggish as the phone portal's processes are being shutdown by the operating system, and sync gets done on the phone's system. After reading you comment, I've checked this out, and there seems to be slight stutter during the unlocking animation when I've just synced. Doing the unlock motion and pattern too fast will lead to failure, and if you're anything like me, when you unplug the phone is usually when you are most likely to be "on the move" or in a bit of a hurry to access the phone to check on the changes. This does lead to a higher rate of unlock failures.

So far as I can judge, all my unlocking motion failures have been of my own fault. I'm sometimes simply too fast. This is a phone, accomplishing a software task, and as such, it does have a certain latency which, if exceeded, may result in a lack of response. Human reflex movements can be incredibly fast. So fast, in fact, that even one's own brain might not even properly assess what he has accomplished, and if there where "errors" in an intended motion.

Just as an experiment, and because it has a nice "geek factor", try using a webcam to film the action. If the deformation of the finger tip changes, perhaps the perceived contact of your finger with the screen is not quite as good as you think throughout the whole motion... If the fingers does keep a steady contact, then perhaps your right. Whatever the case, having a Youtube of the Atrix would be interesting.:cool:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was having problems when I had my Atrix in the otterbox, even trying to drag down the notification bar with my left hand always failed. I am now running a naked screen with a seido case and it works perfectly. I agree with @s.g.vallee that the Atrix does slightly stutter when it's busy doing it's background work, I also noticed it was a little slower when I had the finger print reader set to unlock the phone. I have since switched to pattern unlock and been much happier. The fingerprint reader is neat, however I need the phone to always unlock the first time, not two swipes later ;-)

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Cold hands and finger tips could be the culprit. A person in my environment has problems with touch-screens in general, except after washing hands, when heightened digit temperatures seem to help.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have something like that on my NS. I think it is software, but I am really not sure. If it is on a wide spread of devices MOTO should be aware and send out a fix sometime.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've heard so many bad things about using advanced task killer, but, I have to say - the phone is much less glitchy after I kill all apps using atk.

Any thoughts on this?