Droped calls/notification bar

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've had several dropped calls with the Atrix. I'd be talking to the other person, then hear them start saying Hello,hello? Then the call would end.

Today was alittle different. I made a call. The party answered. Then they started the hello? thing. I tried to end the call. It wouldn't disconnect. The red button would grey out like it ended, but then it would turn red again.
I noticed that the notification bar was flashing green (the entire bar). I dropped it down. It said the call was connected 2 times simutaneously. I ended one call, but the other still would not disconnect (pressing end button did nothing). I had to turn off the phone and back on and it was back to normal.

Anyone have this happen? What was the green flashing notification bar?
Don

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
not had a dropped call so far.
how 'stock' is the atrix?
no reason why it couldn't be the cell tower either.

It's not rooted. I updated to the latest Motorola build 1.5.7 when it was released.

Yea I kinda thought it could be a connection issue with the people not hearing me.... But, the flashing green notification bar (and the call basically locking up to where I couldn't end it without turning off the phone) is what I'm really puzzled about. i don't think the connection would cause those.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The notification bar at the top is supposed to flash green when you're on a call and take the phone away from your face; I think it's supposed to serve as a visual reminder that you're still on a call (and the person can probably hear you, too) if you decide to lower the phone and look something up while still in the middle of the call.

The other thing, I assume the phone just had a little mess up...it sounds like it was either lagging around or just simply messed up for a minute. I wouldn't worry about it unless it repeatedly happens. :)

Reactions: dwade62

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok.

I wasn't aware the green flashing was supposed to happen. Apparently I've just never noticed it before. I'll have to learn my phone and it's notification manners a bit better I guess.

Thanks

Pluka471

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen - couldn't terminate a call with the end button. However, my wife has had the same problem a couple of times with her iPhone, so I don't think it's an Atrix issue. I guess something doesn't respond in the AT&T network.

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen - couldn't terminate a call with the end button. However, my wife has had the same problem a couple of times with her iPhone, so I don't think it's an Atrix issue. I guess something doesn't respond in the AT&T network.

Thats good to know then. I was selfishly hoping others had experienced it too, so that it just wasn't my phone doing it. :)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue on my iPhone 4, not with the Atrix so far. I did have a issues with the atrix terminating calls when someone else called and I was on the phone. When I spoke to at&t it turned out that it was because my atrix was still on a iPhone plan. As soon as we made the switch to a normal plan all worked fine.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone and Atrix have the same type of interface for multitasking and calling at the same time. I havent had a single problem on either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member