So long my fellow Atrix owners...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its been a rough couple of months for me at times. But I have switched my device to the Infuse 4G and I couldnt be happier. Everyone has there own opinion about things but Im pretty happy with the Sammy. Ill still be lurking around this forum and helping in anyway I can but for now, Ill be living in the Infuse forum for awhile now. I wrote up a pretty funny review. Its in the forum if anyone cares to take a look. Alright guys, it was fun while it lasted. If anyone has any specific questions about anything with the Atrix and I could help you out, send me a message.

Nick

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your huge help with me when I had my device problem. :) I don't have an Infuse so I doubt I'll be around those parts, but hopefully I'll see you somewhere around AC! :p Have fun, I'm jealous of that huge super amoled plus screen!

Reactions: Terrigno

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Haha.. you made the switch. I can't believe you left me man! We had some good discussions fighting those haters off. lol.

Who knows, if I get a good deal, I just may get one. I'm actually gonna sell/trade my atrix to get me the Nexus S so I can get me some of that Samsung screen goodness. I already have a Focus (wp7) that has a remarkable screen.

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Don't worry guys ill still be around to play. Yes I gotta switch that signature now. But the Xoom still makes the ladies purr!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand either. Seems as though the Infuse is not an upgrade from the Atrix. What do i know though, I've never even seen an Infuse in person.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I get it. I had the Atrix since launch, and I'm using the Infuse now. There are pros and cons to both but I think it's about user experience not specs. Colors are great on the Infuse. Text is crisper on the Atrix. I don't have to enter my PIN or swipe a scanner everytime I use my phone on the Infuse despite having the same Exchange account set up on the Atrix. The batter life seems better on the Atrix. I don't get the dreaded No Signal symbol on the Infuse because it has dropped connection. The dual core screams on the Atrix though in day to day so far I don't see a major difference. The big screen yet sleek form factor of the Infuse is just amazing. I like the general UI better on the Atrix (contacts and calendar in Touchwiz is slightly cartoonish). Lastly, I haven't had anyone ask me to repeat myself or speak up on the Infuse yet. So, not sure which phone I'll settle with. But I do get if someone decides to go with the Infuse over the Atrix.

Reactions: Jonneh

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The GS2 I can see. The Infuse I don't get. Better screen, but lower res. Less ram. Worse CPU.

Well worse CPU can be said to be it depends.

If programs are not multicore aware on the Atrix the max speed it can run at is the 1 Ghz speed of a single core. The other core is complete useless. Compare that to the Infuse that same program can run at the 1.2 Ghz. Mind you anything that is multicore aware will be loving having the extra core to work with. Biggest thing we need is the OS to get better at handling the multicore duties and then it will really fly. IceCream will be a huge boost for the Atrix as if I understand it correctly it will be complete multicore away.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree timelessblur. The true need is for the OS to catch up to the hardware in this case (not the other way around). As soon as IceCream is released, if it truly has optimized coding to handle dual core chips, than the Atrix can become a true beast.

It will be interesting to see how it will negatively impact battery life (if at all) once dual core is optimized.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well worse CPU can be said to be it depends.

If programs are not multicore aware on the Atrix the max speed it can run at is the 1 Ghz speed of a single core. The other core is complete useless. Compare that to the Infuse that same program can run at the 1.2 Ghz. Mind you anything that is multicore aware will be loving having the extra core to work with. Biggest thing we need is the OS to get better at handling the multicore duties and then it will really fly. IceCream will be a huge boost for the Atrix as if I understand it correctly it will be complete multicore away.

bingo dual core is in it's infant stages right now, i had fun with the atrix but after walking into an att store and playing around with the infuse, i found myself jealous. This shouldn't happen, but i just loved it so much.

So i already ordered the infuse and made the switch, when android can actually benefit from dual core then i can see the big deal, but for right now dual core is not important with 2.2.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
bwhen android can actually benefit from dual core then i can see the big deal, but for right now dual core is not important with 2.2.

Supposedly we will see that in IceCream. However, that's November + a few months when Moto gets their act together. However, once they unleash optimization of the dual cores. WATCH OUT (mind you, we will all end up buying extended batteries).

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
.... I have switched my device to the Infuse 4G and I couldnt be happier....

not to be too much of a dik, but when the dude that banged the drum constantly and loudly for the atrix, bails out, moto/att has a problem... lol...

i left, too, went for the nexus s 4g.

anyone want a atrix defender case...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
not to be too much of a dik, but when the dude that banged the drum constantly and loudly for the atrix, bails out, moto/att has a problem... lol...

i left, too, went for the nexus s 4g.

anyone want a atrix defender case...

lol your right. You switched over to Sprint? Thats how I usually get at first when I get a device. Im all astatic at first. Then as the time went on, my hand started to discolor from the heat off of the Dual Core power on that Atrix. Others are saying that doesnt happen to them but I just dont understand how that can be. Ive reflashed SBF files over and over on that phone and kept bring it back to complete stock time and time again. And still never noticed a fix for that. Then the typing was becoming difficult since the screen was a bit smaller. My hands arent fat, but there long lol. So the Infuse sits pretty well in it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer