Muffled voice?

EV1L_PUPP3T

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I?ve had this phone for three days. Almost everyone I speak to says I sound muffled when I talk. Is there a setting or something to fix this?

Is it possible I got a bad phone?

Thanks

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I?ve had this phone for three days. Almost everyone I speak to says I sound muffled when I talk. Is there a setting or something to fix this?

Is it possible I got a bad phone?

Thanks

did you update your phone with the latest firmware? voice quality was addressed i believe in 1.57 it worth trying prior returning/exchanging it... I really like your avatar btw LOL

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the noise suppression setting it will help a lot. I returned my first unit and still had issues with the second one but still better, I then turned off the noise suppression and the problem has gotten much better.

Reactions: philharmonik

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the noise suppression setting it will help a lot. I returned my first unit and still had issues with the second one but still better, I then turned off the noise suppression and the problem has gotten much better.

thanks for sharing this tip. Sometimes my wife has to ask me to repeat myself. doesn't happen all the time though.

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried turning off noise suppression...and my wife was still having a hard time hearing me. I really hope they get another update soon to fix this crap. This is unacceptable! Im not turning it in for warranty either. Ill just wait and see if another update will be coming soon.

Last edited:

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
As a test, every time I make a call I ask if the person can hear me fine. After turning down the noise suppression I have had no problems.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

EV1L_PUPP3T

May 17, 2011
Visit site
That was a wise move. No point in holding onto a phone which is not 100 percent solid, when you have the opportunity to exchange it, with no penalties.

Enjoy!:)

The cool part is I got a free refurb with a 2 year contract. Now I have a brand new one for free as well. win/win:cool:

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That workaround helps some, but not others, myself included.

But that's beside the point. The noise cancellation was a "feature" which was advertised with the phone, and we paid for it. Now, we are supposed to give up a feature in order to let Motorola off the hook for their poor engineering/quality control? Not a chance. This is 100 percent Motorola's problem to put right, THEMSELVES AT THEIR EXPENSE; not us having to live with some half-baked workaround which a Motorola bean counter decided was the cheap way out of THEIR problem.

Any Atrix owner with the muffled voice affliction who gets all smiley from solving Motorola's problem for them is nothing but a fool.

The good news is that the heat is still on, over on the Motorola corporate forum for Atrix. Regardless of how Motorola tries to ignore it, this problem isn't going away for their "flag****" phone.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Strong words calling people fools for solving a problem with their phones. Yes it's a design problem with the phone and is motos fault but I would rather just fix the problem myself if I can instead of returning phone after phone. I'm on my second one and the voice problem wasn't as bad as my first one but still had problems that were fixed with shutting off the noise suppression setting.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
hmmm.. for most the problem has been resolved with the 83 update.. have you posted on the motorolas support forum? there are 37 pages regarding this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez