Why is this the 'AT&T Atrix' Thread and not the 'Motorola Atrix' Thread

poppycross001#AC

May 7, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is not the only Carrier that stocks this baby :)

After today's announcement of a BELL Atrix update, I am waiting for an Orange UK OTA update... does anyone have any news or just speculation to keep my spirit alive lol?

Thank you all so much

James

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree. AT&T Atrix also sounds ugly. lol I like Motorola Atrix better. I don't know why the title of the forum was changed.
AT&T is not the only Carrier that stocks this baby :)

After today's announcement of a BELL Atrix update, I am waiting for an Orange UK OTA update... does anyone have any news or just speculation to keep my spirit alive lol?

Thank you all so much

James

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is this the 'AT&T Atrix' Thread and not the 'Motorola Atr

It's most likely because the Atrix has only been released on AT&T, so it's specific to AT&T. If you take a closer look at the organization of the forums, you'll notice that the HTC Sensation forum is listed as "HTC Sensation", with sub-forums for "T-Mobile Sensation" and for "Vodaphone Sensation". Same thing with the HTC Merge forums. It's just "HTC Merge", with sub-forums titled "US Cellular Merge" and "Alltel Merge".
However, take a look at the "Sprint HTC Evo" title. It includes Sprint in the name because Sprint is, so far, the only carrier to have an Evo phone, technically.

It's basically just which phones are exclusive to which carriers. If they're exclusive, (meaning only that carrier has it), then the thread is titled with the carrier's name involved.

edit: Well, that's true, I suppose Bell carries the Atrix, though that's not a US Carrier.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Even Orange UK is carrying it , so you got AT&T , Bell , Orange UK & the Unbranded ones
or at least make it : AT&T Atrix 4G like the Inspire 4G thread

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I noticed the other day that Motorola now has Atrix 4G listed separate from the Atrix. So it makes sense that there is an AT&T Atrix thread, but why no Bell and/or Orange UK Atrix thread.

Also agree, the AT&T version is an Atrix 4G. That should probably be fixed.