Installed wrong Voodoo version. Phone won't boot. Please help.

pharm2k

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a total noob and I don't know anything when it comes to these android phones.
I just wanted something to fix the lag issue but apparently I think I installed the wrong voodoo version... I have the froyo 2.2 the stock update from att, but I have also rooted my phone since and installed OCW.. Was I supposed to have installed voodoo 5.5 for froyo? I installed the onc towards the bottom of the page for Captivate Eclair, when in fact I have froyo...

Now I can't get past the recovery mode screen and the phone won't boot normally. Experts, please help me. Thanks.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Installed wrong Voodoo version. Phone won't boot. Please help

Did you have working download mode (or a jig) before you started modding? If you do just flash back to stock.

To test it, make sure it's powered off and hit volume up + volume down while inserting the USB that is connected to your computer. You'll see a yellow triangle with Andy the Robot holding a shovel. If you see this don't freak out- that's good. You can just yank the USB cable and battery if you need it to power back down. When you don't want to pull the battery or cable is while it actually flashing from that screen.

With more info, we can help...

pharm2k

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I did some digging for info and actually I have now successfully used Odin to revert the phone back to its factory fresh state. I do have a question now. Is it better to update to froyo again? or should I keep it at Eclair and then perform all of the hacks I have about to do... root, OCW, lagfix, etc..

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

What is OCW?

What I'd recommend since you're fresh back to stock (and since you've already started modding) is to go to a custom 2.2.x ROM like Serendipity 6.4, or Firefly 3.0. Both are stable well sorted out ROMs that open up the OS for you while killing all of at&t's bloat. Custom ROMs are pre-rooted and most of them have a "lag fix" (or lag fix option) of some kind integrated.

Remember to back up your data whenever possible with (free) apps like Titanium Backup and My Backup. Backing up is easier/better once you're phone is rooted.

I recommend you read a lot and avoid Gingerbread ROMs until you get a feel for flashing.

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
OCW? I have acronyms, they all blend together after awhile :p

My suggestion, if you're just looking for a lagfix, is to just flash a custom kernel over stock Froyo. That will speed it up more than just a lagfix will.

I recommend you read a lot and avoid Gingerbread ROMs until you get a feel for flashing.

+ 1000000000000. Stick with Froyo until you're familiarity with flashing and ROMS.

Sent from my Captivate

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana