Gingerbread bootloaders and returning back to stock?

Brodie05

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunatley I have to return my phone back to stock. I was running the newest Apex rom and it was great but it looks like I may have to return this phone. I used the instructions in the above sticky thread to flash eclair with odin. I have a build number 1010. On the surface everything is fine but Kies does not recognize the my phone. Kies says it's unregistered and won't update it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Brodie05

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a little news on this. I master cleared my phone with odin one click and then used the how to on this thread to restore back to factory eclair.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...backup-factory-restore-samsung-captivate.html

Then I tried to update it with Kies but it still said it is an unregistered device. So i updated it to Froyo following these instructions.

[AT&T][UCKB2]Heimdall One-Click -Total Stock- **now with or without root - xda-developers

And I also checked the flash bootloaders and restored the old bootloaders. I know this worked because now the old three button to download mode works again. Kies still says it unregistered. So my problem wasn't fixed. Also i cannot connect to the internet unless I am connected to WIFI. I have called ATT and they have started a case with their network engineers to correct this problem. Has anyone run into this or have any idea why Kies still says its an unregistered device?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa