problem with usb c to minijack adapter on Pixel 8 pro

Vsd

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I got my phone some days ago and it took some time to get used to the phone..(and i have only used android phones!) First of all, for the first time i had to DL and start using Nova launcher. Because i didnt find any other way to organize my apps in folders in app drawer. and another reason i replaced stock launcher was that couldnt remove that Google searchbar at the bottom of homescreen.
BUT that isnt the reason i write here on this forum.. The other things i described i have fixed after som hassle.
The main reason is that my phone doesnt recognize a usb c to minijack adapter.. a minijack is one thing i miss on this phone. because i use headset with cable.. so thats why i want to use a usb c to minijack adapter. But i cant get it to work.. Does anyone know if this is a known issue on pixel/new phones ?(i have used sony phone with dedicated minijack for years,so i dont know) any help is good help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, while USB-C was supposed to unite us all, sad truth is not all USB-C accessories are created equal (just look at all the horror stories online with computers being fried with incompatible USB-C chargers). So, as you may already suspect, the USB-C headphone adapter may NOT be compatible with your new Pixel.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get your adapter? If you want to be sure it works, make sure to get an adapter from a well-known manufacturer, like Google themselves, Anker, or Belkin. Be cautious with no-name or off-brand adapters.

Vsd

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get your adapter? If you want to be sure it works, make sure to get an adapter from a well-known manufacturer, like Google themselves, Anker, or Belkin. Be cautious with no-name or off-brand adapters.
I have tried 2 different adapters..One from an old huawei phone i had, and one new at a store from Belkin. and the old adapter works because it worked on my wifes one+ nord phone

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to audio, yes, that little piece of equipment is crucial. If the Pixel doesn't have one, no analog headphones will work. (Think calling a fax-only line and expecting a human to have a conversation with it)