It's like a brand new phone...

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the new stock JH2 firmware, running the Unleash the Beast kernel, and the LagFix 2.0 ext2 mod.

This thing is very responsive.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you run a quadrant and live test before loading the other stuff? Curious how this new firmware is.

I didn't run before loading my apps, because well I don't want to live without my apps.
The scores (other than quadrant) are the pretty much teh same as stock:

Linpack - 8.17
Neocore - 55.6
Quadrant - 2225
CPU Benchmark - 824

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Cool, I already put it on before your last post and I had a 915 before installing designgears superpack. Phone is running well, did the Noled app, and installed the metamorph TWbackground removal apk as well. Love how it looks w/o those boxes around the apps.

Sabatour

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Does any of that stuff update the internal modem drivers or boost the signal at all? I am noticing i do not get as strong of a signal as i have with other phones with the Captivate... Sorry for the newb question - just getting into android and the modem searches i have done on this forum and the Android forums have not given me much info on the topic.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The new firmware update for JH2 does not touch the modem. So it will not change your signal at all from what I have noticed between the two. I don't have any issues with my phone but I was using a VZW BB on ATT for the longest time so I might not know any better.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just go to xda forums and click the captivate development forum. Everything you need to know will be right there. I just installed the 1.2 OC and hit 1051 (previous best was 905) quadrant with no lag fix. Happy about that. Linpack was 9.7 (previous best was 8.2), that increases both by a good amount. This is with the new JH2 firmware update.