Question Pls help..Calling a phone technician..phone replacement lcd

M3CHAMARU

Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
So I broke the lcd of my phone..the screen was unresponsive but turning on and can sometimes responsive...and I brought it to a phone repair shop..they replaced the lcd but there is no display on the new lcd..but when the broken one was installed again there's a display..there are already 2 LCDs tried but same result..what could be the problem?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this a licensed place of business or just a friend with know how? You would think a business would know the ins and outs of the most common phone repair even on a lessor known brand of device. Of course there is the chance that they aren't compatible but I have to assume that OEM part number is being used to source the replacement. If we may ask where are you taking it? Have you tried someplace like a UBreakIFix? It may be a bit more expensive but they're professionals. You might also see if they will just source and sell you the screen. I've never tried it with them but they have more resources and I would think could find the correct screen replacement.

Initially I was thinking maybe something wasn't connected correctly but when you mentioned a second screen that kind of blew that out of the water, they went in twice and did it wrong twice, not quite as likely.

Sorry but that's the best I have for you. We'll see what others think.

Best wishes.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site

You mentioned you broke the display in your first posting. What kind of accident occurred? More details please.
How are you determining it's the display that was damaged and is the source of the problem? How did you rule out that the actual damage might have happened to some other internal component inside the phone? Depending on just what did happen in the accident, the logic board or a connector could be the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000